help with new build and to install ceiling speakers or not

Tiss

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a new build Robertson Homes being built and wondered what speaker options I have with a onkyo amplifier which I already have in my current house with canton floor/shelf speakers. Just wondered what I can run ceiling speaker wise with an onkyo amp and what possibilities do I have for having a main hub to send sky signals round to other rooms

any help appreciated

It will depend on two things really.

What model the Onkyo Amp is.
and
What you want to listen to.

Onkyo are not part of any streaming electronics group, like Heos or Bluesound, and they dont (from memory) have thier own solutions, like Sonos or Yamaha Musicast.

But I think, depending on model, it will have Spotify built in.

For sharinging or viewing Sky around the house, there are no end of options, but again depends on what, how and how many you want to watch. As well as a number of others, but these will start you off.

thanks for the reply, for the main tv and lounge we would just use the onkyo amp top provide the AV for these speakers, and then maybe use some other network device for the other rooms but what are the options for that?

my friend has a matrix hub in his loft but maybe a bit over the top for us and pricey, are there other items available that can do similar, as in have sky boxes connected to then pass to different rooms?

So the odd advantage of the onkyo is that it doesnt have any hardware based streaming network device built in, so you are completely free to choose and just add a streamer to the Onkyo setup in the lounge.

This where the likes of Sonos, Yamaha Musicast, Denon Heos and Bluesound come in.

Personally Sonos just works, but it a bit pricey and under performs in my opinion.
I have Sonos at home, but if I have my choice now I would go with Bluesound, better sound, better built, can handle better quality streams.

As for Matrixes, they have thier place and work well, but it all depends on what / if combination of sources or streaming services you want, to how many TV's and how many people in the house.

You may be able to use just Sky Q boxes and a good network design for data.

yeh cause we would have the onkyo receiver and speakers in lounge then maybe just another streaming possibility in say the kitchen / garden room.

dy a good network design for data do you mean a mesh type network or w good quality access point hard wired in with one downstairs and one upstairs ?

its a 5 bed house but not every room upstairs would have a sky box unless its possible to network them through a cheaper hd everywhere type system?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom