Help with New AV9

Len44

Established Member
Reaction score
So I buy this new AV9 (to mate with my P7) from SevenOaks (I am in the States), and it comes with this (to me) rather strange-looking power cord, that will not be a fit for our receptacles here in the US.

Also, it came with a handbook for the CR100 -- but, alas, no actual CR100 remote control unit.

Needless to say, I am a bit confused and looking for some solutions...:confused:

Any thoughts / recommendations would be most appreciated.

So I buy this new AV9 (to mate with my P7) from SevenOaks (I am in the States), and it comes with this (to me) rather strange-looking power cord, that will not be a fit for our receptacles here in the US.

Also, it came with a handbook for the CR100 -- but, alas, no actual CR100 remote control unit.

Needless to say, I am a bit confused and looking for some solutions...:confused:

Don't you just need an adaptor (must be some on ebay) or just refit a new US plug, obviously the same power, neg, earth etc.

Which remote did you get ? my Av9 was from sevenoaks also and got the newer not so good CR100

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply.

I actually got NO remote -- just the handbook for the CR100.

You bring up an interesting point, however. Which Remote is, in your estimation, is the preferred model?

Thanks!

Hi,
In the manual and PDF instructions there is the CR80 which looks far more appropriate and upto the job.
I did ask sevenoaks a few weeks ago if they thought Arcam had any left and they said probably not, but would imagine they probably do ?

You can still set it up on the front panel, it takes a little puzzling out but is fairly simple.

Sevenoaks or Arcam will have to send you one out, it seems a little odd there wasn't one in the box.

Still its a nice piece of kit

Last edited:

You purchased a European model I guess. In fact, the seller should have warned you if he knew it was shipping to the USA.

Did you check that there wasn't little white box with remote inside it stuffed in the upper padding of AV9?

You purchased a European model I guess. In fact, the seller should have warned you if he knew it was shipping to the USA.

Are n't they all multi region so to speak, i was going to advise flicking a switch when i posted, but had a quick look at my Av9 and it says 100-240v on the back
so should work just the same.

Are n't they all multi region so to speak, i was going to advise flicking a switch when i posted, but had a quick look at my Av9 and it says 100-240v on the back
so should work just the same.

He said he had a "strange looking power cord" so I assumed it must be European or some standard other than the USA. But, I'm not sure.

Are n't they all multi region so to speak, i was going to advise flicking a switch when i posted, but had a quick look at my Av9 and it says 100-240v on the back so should work just the same.

Yep, mine says 100-240v on back also. Interestingly, however, FWIW on the box it says "Supply Voltage 100-230v"

But, yes, I think they're pretty much multi-region.

Did you check that there wasn't little white box with remote inside it stuffed in the upper padding of AV9?

Bingo! And, er, Ahem! :blush:

Thanks for the tip. It was spot on!

Len, the AV9 has a switch mode supply and is 110V-240V. Go to your nearest Walmart and buy a power cord.

As for the remote.... well.. that's really sad. If you didn't get one then I'd really have a good moan at SevenOaks... but whilst you're in Walmart you can pick up a 'All4One' or similar remote for $30.

Ineresting how the world changes. Two years ago I purchased an AV8 from a guy in California.. that was the way to do things back then... Now the exchange rate's in your favour :)

Good luck, have fun, and enjoy your AV9 !! They really are very good :)

Bingo! And, er, Ahem! :blush:

Thanks for the tip. It was spot on!

You're welcome. I got my first Arcam, the AV9, on Tuesday here in Finland also from Sevenoaks and did also some search before I spotted the remote. The AV9 replaces my second hand TAG McLaren AVR32 and sits between Oppo 983, Sony 5000ES Blu-ray player and 5.1 set of active Genelec speakers. I like the plain design and feeling of quality in every detail of AV9! Let's enjoy!

'Nuther stupid question: How do I know if my new AV9 has the latest updates?

Thanks!

'Nuther stupid question: How do I know if my new AV9 has the latest updates?

Thanks!

IIRC to check which software version your AV9 has, on the front panel press CD, DVD and OK together. use the down arrow to scroll through software fitted.

Latest versions are in Crustys sticky at the top of the Forum :smashin:

IIRC to check which software version your AV9 has, on the front panel press CD, DVD and OK together. use the down arrow to scroll through software fitted.

Latest versions are in Crustys sticky at the top of the Forum :smashin:

Thanks for pointing me to Crusty's sticky. I PM'd him and he was an enormous help in enabling me to understand the update process.

So, and big thanks to you and a huge shout-out to Crusty! :clap:

Greatly appreciated!

OK, OK -- wondering what I've done wrong now...

When I originally turned on the AV9 to check out some things and get a bit familiar with the unit, the remote seemed to work just fine. Now (of course) it works, only it won't turn on / off (standby, actually -- that is, the unit will be on, but the remote will not turn it to standby).

Also, the remote will not go to "Menu" (by holding the "Menu" button down for >2 seconds). However, I can still put it in the Menu function by using the front panel -- in fact, that is how I initially configured the AV9.

I've tried unplugging the unit from the power conditioner and directly into the wall, but no help. Any suggestions regarding this (to me) puzzling development? Greatly appreciate any input / thoughts.

OK, OK -- wondering what I've done wrong now...

When I originally turned on the AV9 to check out some things and get a bit familiar with the unit, the remote seemed to work just fine. Now (of course) it works, only it won't turn on / off (standby, actually -- that is, the unit will be on, but the remote will not turn it to standby).

Also, the remote will not go to "Menu" (by holding the "Menu" button down for >2 seconds). However, I can still put it in the Menu function by using the front panel -- in fact, that is how I initially configured the AV9.

I've tried unplugging the unit from the power conditioner and directly into the wall, but no help. Any suggestions regarding this (to me) puzzling development? Greatly appreciate any input / thoughts.

Hi Len44,

your not trying to view the menu over hdmi are you? It won't work if you have - you will need to use a composite cable to view the menu on your tv screen.

also the problem you have with the remote, try pressing amp 1st, then power off.

hope that helps!

Hi Len44,

your not trying to view the menu over hdmi are you? It won't work if you have - you will need to use a composite cable to view the menu on your tv screen.

also the problem you have with the remote, try pressing amp 1st, then power off.

hope that helps!

Genius -- Pure Genius!!! :smashin:

The idea of pressing amp 1st worked great, thanks a heap!

Regarding the OSD, no, I wasn't trying to use the HDMI; had it hooked up to component, but will add composite. Of course, my display is an old Mitsubishi 73 incher, and the switching inputs is a bit of an arcane process, and a bit hit or miss as well. But, I will continue my attempts!

Again, thanks so much for taking the time to assist. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom