Help with new amp purchase!?

Bash357

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guyz,

Newbie here. Im sure there are a lot of threads like this but im actually more confused after reading them. loll

Any way i have a 46' Bravia and PS3 will be using mainly for gaming and movies. So i think the q acoustics 2000 is a good speaker package within my price range. Now am confused on which av i should go for. Onkyo 608, 509,309 or the denon 1910, 1911 and the list goes on. My budget is arround 350 quid.
And will the ps3 play BR Rips in 5.1 because i have read some threads on that and they are very confusing. Or do i have to buy a specific AV which will do that and others will not.

Your input will be much appreciated. :lease:

The QAs are some of the best speakers in that price bracket. Another option would be Monitor Audio BR1 AV 5.0 package for £300 from Quantum and then pair these with a BK Electronics Gemini II sub for £200. For the same price as the QAs this would be a better package overall.
As for the AV reciever buy the best you can for your budget (hence ignore the lower models like the 309). If you can buy now then go for one of last years models like the Denon 1911 or Yamaha 667/767. These are all 1.4 HDMI so will do 3D and will have all the features you will ever need. If you buy one of the new out recievers like the 509 you are paying a premium since they are new.

Thanks for your input psm1. I will pop into the website and have a look at these speakers you mentioned.

As for av's you think i should go for an onkyo 608 considering it gt a what hi fi award last year and also hdmi 1.4??

I am not a fan of Onkyo so would prefer to go the Denon/Yamaha route. Denon/Yamaha will also potentially be a better match for the Monitor Audio speakers and are generally regarded as more musical.

So i should go for either denon or the yahamas? Which 1 has good upscaling hdmi? Will it convert a normal dvd connected with the red, white and yellow cables?? Will they be a very big difference or is this upscaling just overrated?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom