Help with net radio and streaming to A11XVA please :)

Jules

Distinguished Member
I got my new Denon A11XVA yesterday and spent all day setting up.
However, I cannot get the net radio or file streaming to work.

I'm sure if I connected directly to the BT Home Hub with an ethernet cable it would work, but I can't get a cable to where the amp is.

However, my PC is in the same room as the amp, and is connected wirelessly to the BT Home Hub.
I want to connect the amp to the spare ethernet port on the PC and obtain net radio this way.

Now I'm a complete novice when it comes to networking, but I think I'm right in using a 'crossover' cable between the amp and the PC.

However, I simply cannot get it to work.

Could somebody explain to me in simple terms how I can get the A11XVA to talk to my PC and get net radio via the internet connection delivered wirelessly to my PC.

Thanks

Jules

Distinguished Member
welll I just got the net radio working.... it was my firewall (Zone Alarm) blocking it.

Still no clue how to get the media from my PC to the amp though. The manual is pants!...but then Denon manuals usually are.

iainmmm

A Linksys Ethernet Bridge (WET54G) would allow you to connect your A11XVA wirelessly to your bt Home Hub. I'm using one to connect my 4306 wirelessly to a Home Hub.

I think that to obtain the Internet Radio the amp needs to be connected to the broadband modem rather than to the internet via the pc.

T

The WB

A Linksys Ethernet Bridge (WET54G) would allow you to connect your A11XVA wirelessly to your bt Home Hub. I'm using one to connect my 4306 wirelessly to a Home Hub.

I think that to obtain the Internet Radio the amp needs to be connected to the broadband modem rather than to the internet via the pc.

I tried wireless at first and it was hopeless.I then tried 2x20m cables with a connector in between and it worked perfectley connected to a router.If you want to acces the files on your pc you have share the file under networks.

iainmmm

I tried wireless at first and it was hopeless.I then tried 2x20m cables with a connector in between and it worked perfectley connected to a router.If you want to acces the files on your pc you have share the file under networks.

My wireless connection works faultlessly, but then the Ethernet Bridge is ony about 6m away from the Home hub.

Cheekster

Would a pair of homeplugs not solve this problem? I'm about to purchase a couple of 85Mbps homeplugs from shopmagenta.com for £55.73 delivered as my wireless router/hub is in the room above where my Denon AVC-A11XVA is used plus I don't want snap/crackle/pop which I may get from a wireless connection.

Cheekster.

MadMaelstrom

That'll work (the home plug things) as i have the 200mbps ones and they are spot on.
Dont forget in order to share music you have to set Media player up to share them.
I use media player 11 and its under the library tab as share music (something like that)

Corrado

I am using this wireless bridge but get lots of drop outs. The station downloads 100% and then drops to 30% and lesss and disappears.

Wired connections are perfect! Is it normal for the wireless connection to be so "up and down"?

Jules

Distinguished Member
In my limited experience, Yes! So much so that I've ditched the awful BT Home Hub and gone back to my old 'wired only' modem/router.

After I saw the program on Panorama last night about the dangers of WiFi, I will not being going wireless again.... not at least while my 2/3 year old nephew enjoys sitting on my lap at the PC.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom