1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with nemos 32 picture

Discussion in 'TVs' started by WarLock, Nov 5, 2004.

1. WarLock

WarLock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i recently bought a nemos 32, in the left bottom corner the image was a little pink, like if magnetised, i called lowe and they send a technician to my place he tried to demagnetise the set but it didnt work, he got to the conclusion that it wasnt magnetic and replaced the set.

now the new loewe does the same .... not exactly the same but the same corner has a colour alteration, its more red then normal, it must not be from the tv set then i wondered, messing about whit it i discovered that if i turn the tv to the left the image gets normal, ofcourse i cant use the tv in this position because its not turned towards the sofa ...

does anyone know what can it be ?! how can i fix it !? and no its not from speakers, i only have those a few days and they are 80 cm away from the tv, aniway the problem was there before.

tnx.

2. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Your tv set's purity is being affected by the earth's natural magnetic field. You have pinpointed it exactly if you say the impurity is affected by where the tv is positioned. Many sets, even high end professional monitors, can suffer from this - appalling I know and really top end monitors (Sony etc) ensure their monitors are not affected by screening the glass housing of the crt inside the set with a metal screen. Some tv's suffer from it - some don't, I suspect you've proved that your model will (not your particular tv but every tv within that model range) CAN suffer from it. Normally the tv's internal degaussing circuitry will 'erase' the effect of this on the crt every time the tv is turned on from cold. If you can't get rid of it then that would suggest that there is something strongly magnetic near it (you've already discounted speakers etc) steel radiators maybe ? I know my reply is not helpful from a practical point of view but I hope I've given a satisfactory explanation as to what your tv set is suffering from. In the end you may have to swap to another model, especially as your retailer seems to agree that the model is not satisfactory in your home. regards, yt.

3. WarLock

WarLock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i do have a fireplace nearby, it's one of those with a metalic door, so it might be it.

is there nothing i can do !?

im very disapointed with my loewe .. :(

4. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Move the door of the fireplace around - if it's the cause then it will affect the area of the purity error. regards, yt.