• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help with NEC VT58

S

sinbrad

Ok guys bought a second hand pj as above for a few quid the other day which had a problem with the focus. When it arrived I switched it on and took a look and from what I can see the focus is actually working to a degree. I mean that I can actually see the picture being focused behind what I would describe as a smoke screen? So I took off the lens housing and had a little look. Took out the lens one at a time (there are five components) and all except for one were in v good condition. The one that wasn't was a plastic one and it was heavily scratched, how it got scratched is another question?????? This is what I think the problem is? I've tried to use plastic polish etc but the scratches are too deep to make any difference. I now need a replacement and wondered if you guys new of anywhere other then NEC direct that I could get a replacement. Even a whole housing would be good. Also in taking it apart I made the mistake of not writing down the sequence that the lens went back in the housing. So my other question does anyone have or know where I can get a technical manual that would describe the dismantle and put back together sequence?

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom