• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help with my static problem!

raymwiii

Novice Member
I have been going nuts trying to solve this static issue that has been persistent since I installed an older Samsung HTIB that I bought secondhand. The problem is that I am getting static from all speakers but from the digital optical audio input only. The audio starts out fine but within in a few minutes there is bad static coming from all speakers that stays until I power off for a bit and restart the system. I can play a CD through the DVD player with no distortion whatsoever which makes me afraid that the problem is perhaps inside the receiver somewhere instead of common electrical noise/interference. I can't find any problems like this addressed anywhere so I thought I would reach out.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
You don't get 'static' through an optical cable - the cable is passing pulses of light!

You either have a fault in the Source device or within the audio circuitry of the Optical Input of the HTIB - the fact it takes a few minutes to appear could be heat related.

Try a different Source device into the same Optical Input of the HTIB - if the problem persists it's the system, if it goes away it's the Source.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom