Help with my Samsung PN42 C450 Plasma TV

Seawave121

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello to anyone with knowledge, or a similar experience. My Plasa is about 5 years old.
A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a pinkish hue that seemed to be bleeding through the screen. I thought it was in just one area, but now see it is pretty much covering the screen. It is very apparent when the screen is white.
I tried to research, but have had no luck. I saw "stuck pixilation" , but that seemed to imply only certain areas.
Of course I had all my picture adjustments where they probably should not be.
...be High Contrast, Dynamic Setting. I tried to reduce those, but problem still exists. I do love this TV.
Before I try the TV repair place, and hear it either cannot be fixed, or the price would be be too prohibited, perhaps someone on this forum has an answer?
I Appreciate Any help.
Thank You

It would probably be cheaper for you to buy a used more recent model such as the F4500 or H4500 on ebay or gumtree. Have seen them sell in good condition for around £150. These last two sets are definite upgrades as Samsung included some better software such as Cinema Smooth and Black Optimizer which were also found on the top of the range F8500. Cinema Smooth basically allows 24p Blu Ray to be played correctly. I imagine the newer panels are much brighter too.

There's even a new PE43H4500 for £279 on ebay right now;

Samsung PE43H4500 Series 4 43" Plasma TV HD Ready 720p With Freeview Black

It's from the last line of plasma's that Samsung made and probably better than most current LCD's.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom