Help with my RTX 2070 + Ryzen 5 3600

smotiram

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ill cut straight to the chase.

I am a simpleton when it comes to computing but what I do know is something is not right with either my PC or Cod warzone.

I consistently cannot get over 100 fps regardless of what settings I use. 1080p all low settings should hit around 165fps according to videos online and 1440p low settings should hit around the 100fps.

The issue is that I mess around with any of the settings, resolution, high settings, low settings etc. Nothing seems to get it consistently over 100fps. I guess my question is has anyone else suffered this issue and how do I figure out whether it is a problem with my graphics card or a problem with the game?

If anyone needs further information - happy to provide.

Look forward to hearing from the community.

Thanks in advance

What monitor/tv are you using?
have you got anything a long the line of V-sync and or double or triple enabled ?

Attachments

• Monitor.JPG
    Monitor.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 29
Have you got RTX on?

Options - graphics menu near the bottom - "Raytracing".

I have a 2080 Super at 3440 x 1440p and that doesn't go above 100FPS with it on.

Within the game settings . have a look for V-sync ( i don't have that game so not sure where it would be )
sometimes games can have a option with in V-sync . double or triple buffering next to it ,
make sure this turned off ,
off the top of my head ( could be wrong ) triple buffering limits the FPS quite a bit ( hence the 100 fps )

Also what GPU are you using ?
just read the title .. 🙄

Options - graphics menu near the bottom - "Raytracing".

I have a 2080 Super at 3440 x 1440p and that doesn't go above 100FPS with it on.

Checked - not on.

Any issues with other games?

Have you tried using the geforce exp to set the recommended game settings for you ?

Also how much ram do you have / speed and what motherboard are you running ?

For these issues, I'd generally recommend getting something like Rivatuner and HWInfo set up to display stats while you play. You can see what your GPU is doing (usage, VRAM etc), as well as your CPU (overall or per core), system RAM usage and so on.

Have you tried using the geforce exp to set the recommended game settings for you ?

Also how much ram do you have / speed and what motherboard are you running ?

Yes, I have tried that and nothing changes. I have 16gb ram at 3600MHz clock speed. The exact one is attached.

Motherboard is the B450 Tomahawk Max.

Attachments

• RAm.JPG
    RAm.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 27
assume ou are not running other tasks in the background. Have you monitored temps to see if you have a heat issue?

Season 6 is bad on ryzen for some reason, season 5 was better performance wise

I have the same motherboard. Make sure you have the latest BIOS, reset to defaults and then just enable XMP on your memory, that's usually all you need to do (apart from UEFI boot if that's what you've done).

As above, get your chipset drivers from AMD directly, not MSI. You can get everything else from MSI though.

Once up and running, pick a Ryzen power plan. Also via nvidia control panel, make sure your GPU is on max performance mode globally.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom