• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help with my phone, possible virus ?

andyrs2000

Hi Guys,

I bought some extensions for Photoshop that was advertised on Facebook. I paid via paypal and clicked a link to download the zip file to my phone ( 4.5GB). I downloaded via my wifi connection. I have a 30GB allowance and ive just had a message from vodafone saying ive used all my data and ive gone over and been charged another £20 for more data. The same zip file just keeps on downloading and i haven't got a clue how to stop it !

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Disable data + Wifi, cancel download and restart phone.

If you are downloading to an SD Card turn the phone off and remove it then restart phone.

Other than that a factory reset should get rid of anything.

Inferno

Distinguished Member
Why are they limiting wi-fi, I can download as much as I want with wi-fi.

Inferno

Distinguished Member
I think he means he was downloading via 4G and not wi-fi, 30GB is some 4G allowance mind, bet that isne cheap.

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
Phone could be using WiFi and 4G at the same time. When I DL anything over 30MB in size on WiFi, 4G kicks in as a parallel boost. Doesn't explain where the 30GB has gone though.

andyrs2000

Phone could be using WiFi and 4G at the same time. When I DL anything over 30MB in size on WiFi, 4G kicks in as a parallel boost. Doesn't explain where the 30GB has gone though.
Yes it's a samsung s8+ and has the download booster which uses both WiFi and 4g data. I pay £55 A month for my Vodafone plan

andyrs2000

Disable data + Wifi, cancel download and restart phone.

If you are downloading to an SD Card turn the phone off and remove it then restart phone.

Other than that a factory reset should get rid of anything.

First thing I tried and yet it still does it! Really didn't want to factory reset but it looks the only option

andyrs2000

Also the 30Gb doesn't last long when you wake up and check your phone and see that it downloaded the file 5 times then whilst im at work on mobile data it does the same!

soupdragon

Distinguished Member
Bit late now but removing the sim card straight off the bat would mean no extra charges from the service provider can be applied. You can then investigate the issue from there.

andyrs2000

Bit late now but removing the sim card straight off the bat would mean no extra charges from the service provider can be applied. You can then investigate the issue from there.
Vodafone dont want to know as its something i purchased for Photoshop and its my fault basically ,tried everything above but still doesn't solve this issue. I have been turning mobile data off but within 5 minutes of turning back on it starts to download again. Im going to factory data reset the device.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom