Help With My Hitachi 32LD7200

aftertaste

The first night I had this set (a week ago tonight) I noticed a faint bar running vertically down the screen. For those with Sky, the bar is just to the right of the Sky Sports logo, about 3 inches wide, and appears to be very slightly darker in colour to the rest of the screen.

Since that first night I've noticed it on pretty much everything, and also via all sources (Sky, video games, DVD).

I've seen a few other people on the forum who've had the same problem, but I never read of any conclusion or solution.

I contacted Currys, and they told me that I can have a refund, an exchange for a different model, or wait until they have new stock of the Hitachi and swap it for one of the same.

I'm hoping some other owners of this model can reassure me that this bar running down the screen doesn't affect all sets of this model. If that's the case, I'd be happy to get another Hitachi when they're back in stock (in all other ways, this is a great LCD screen).

Any advice from fellow Hitachi owners?

matt_p

aftertaste said:
I'm hoping some other owners of this model can reassure me that this bar running down the screen doesn't affect all sets of this model. If that's the case, I'd be happy to get another Hitachi when they're back in stock (in all other ways, this is a great LCD screen).
No problems on my set

bbdivo

I also have this on my Hitachi (connected to sky using a bog standard RGB scart), I only see it when watching footie interestingly. Can't see it on anything else at all. Havent bothered looking into this any further as its the only time I see it.

aftertaste

The football is where I first spotted it. It's most visible on all sports. But I can see it on anything, as long as it's light colours.

It's not a huge problem, but when you consider the price of these things, I'd certainly change it if I was sure I'd get one without the bar. If not, it'll be a lot of hassle for nothing.

mcmiko

Standard Member
No Iv'e not got any problems on my tv with sky sports at all. Had my set about a 3 weeks now.No buzzing either. Are you using cheap bog standard scart cables could be part of the problem.

aftertaste

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll go with another 32LD7200 when they get more stock. I really do like everything about it apart from the bar problem. I hope the next one doesn't have it!

mcmiko

Standard Member
I changed all my scart leads from the bog standards just before I bought the 32LD7200 they really do make a big differance. Might be worth a try before exchanging sets.

bbdivo

I'm going to try a decent scart (need to find one of the right length!) I've played with the XBOX (going through a top quality RGB scart) and loads of DVDs (using a top quality composite - yes thats right a composite!) and dont have and bars whatsoever, might pop out at lunch to find a decent cable. I'll post back how it looks once I've tried it.

emrysdavies

aftertaste said:
The football is where I first spotted it. It's most visible on all sports. But I can see it on anything, as long as it's light colours.

It's not a huge problem, but when you consider the price of these things, I'd certainly change it if I was sure I'd get one without the bar. If not, it'll be a lot of hassle for nothing.
Other than that, how did the set deal with the football?

Top Bottom