UmbertoSavoia92

Novice Member
Hi Forum!
I've always wanted a set of my own and around a year ago bought a Denon CEOL N10 that came with its own speakers. A huge improvement in relation to my Bose soundbar (and both were the same price...)

Later on, I've decided to buy a sub. The choice was a Cambridge audio SX120 - even better sound. This week I had a good deal at Richer sounds (sort of) and got a pair of Dali Oberon 5, some great cables to use in it for £700. The cables alone would be 140, so seemed a good deal until I noticed they forgot to give me the spikes and rubber bases for it. I've stabilised them for now but doesn't look nice 😅 - this is because I've chosen to bargain on the unit being exposed. Still, a good business since brits normally don't bargain.

Now, the setup is the CEOL N10 with the Dali Oberon 5 + SX 120. I use it for music, either CDs or TIDAL using HEOS/Airplay and to watch tv, unfortunately with some limitations from the Denon (would like inputs here) since everything arrives using a optical/toslink connection and it displays PCM 48khz - the TV (a rather good LG) manages to decode whatever the source is, normally Netflix or prime video, eventually the Xbox... and decode it.

what would be the tips for a rookie in this world? Despite calling richer sounds and asking for the spikes (does anybody happens to know where find spares or the mm of it?)

The new update sounds fantastic tho. Is the Denon enough to hold it on a stereo setup? Or should I think of another receiver? I must say I really like this small guy. It's connectivity is out of this world!

all the best!

password1

I think you've answered your own question.

There is always something to upgrade but if you're happy with it keep it.

The oberon 5s are £549 in Walnut and can £625-£649 in black so if you have the walnut with £140 worth of cables for £700 not really a bargain especially if you have accessories missing. I would call RS and ask them to send you the missing bits.

acgingersnaps

You could do worse than one of these. Even more connected than the CEOL (CD player aside) and a ton more power to boot. 100w into 8 ohms as opposed to the CEOL's 60w into 4 ohms. That's a huge difference.

UmbertoSavoia92

Novice Member
You could do worse than one of these. Even more connected than the CEOL (CD player aside) and a ton more power to boot. 100w into 8 ohms as opposed to the CEOL's 60w into 4 ohms. That's a huge difference.

decent priced and I could sell out my CEOL with speakers for around 350/400 since it's pristine. Any tips on where to sell this stuff in the UK?

also, is the stereo quality really going to improve that much? I plan to stay on 2.1. Movies-wise, what will happen when the receiver detects a DTS signal and that I have only a 2.1 system?

UmbertoSavoia92

Novice Member

also, power is enough! I don't want to get my neighbours (more) angry. And everything seems to play really smoothly. Perhaps I'd have a upside in movies, but I would also need to change my tv stand to accommodate this new one

acgingersnaps

Resell wise, i can't help. It can be done on the relevant section on here and obviously there's the well known auction site.
Regards 2.1, this is a stereo receiver that has been desighned to work well with your TV, so shouldn't pose any problems. Regards power, I'd say you can't have too much!
However, if you really like your current CEOL/Oberon combo, surelyno need to change it?

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom