1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with my connections please

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ColonelK, Mar 31, 2005.

1. ColonelK

ColonelK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

I have a Sony KD28DL11u with integrated freeview and a Panasonic DMR E65 DVD recorder.

I want to be able to record from Freeview AND at the same time watch a different analogue channel if I wish to.

At the moment, what happens is that whatever channel I choose to watch on the TV, is recorded on the DVD and if I switch between integrated digital and analogue the recorder records whatever is viewed (so all my flicking about is recorded :oops: ) (BTW I set the DVD recorder to record from AV2)

This is how I have it connected so far.

Scart 1 on TV to Scart 1 on DVD-Recorder
    Scart 2 on TV to Scart 2 on DVD-Recorder
    RF input from wall to RF in on TV
    RF Out from TV to RF in on DVD recorder
    RF out on DVD recorder to analogue RF In on TV (if I recall correctly)

What am I doing wrong please?
    :blush:

Ta

Tino

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I hesitate to reply on this because I'm not entirely certain what this TV is capable of, but in general when recording from an integrated TV Freeview tuner there is no way of watching anything different such as its analogue tuner.
    The easiest way of solving this is to get hold of a Freeview set top box, and connect it to AV2 of the E65. Then you can make high quality recordings regardless of what the TV is doing.

3. JohnW14

JohnW14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Johnjackthom I disagree. Whilst I don't know the Sony, my Tosh IDTV can be told to output DTV throughs its SCART 2 and then switched to watch ATV on screen (or indeed vice versa should you ever want to).

It sounds to me like ColonelK's problems are being caused by Smartlink. If the DVDR is set to receive Smartlink, it will automatically record whatever is being viewed on screen. I suggest you look in the DVD (or TV) menu to switch off smartlink and see what happens.

4. ColonelK

ColonelK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ahh ok I'll try that thanks John. I'll report back in this thread.