1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Mordaunt Short MS300M wall mounts

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Sun, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Sun

Sun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi,

I've just fitted 4 MS-300M wall brackets to my walls and I'm having real difficulty getting the speakers to fit at the desired angle. Maybe it's me but I find them incredibly badly designed. The method of tightening is by turning a ball in it's socket, this in itself is difficult because you only have a very small area of it exposed between the speakers and the wall mount. If the speakers are facing straight forward then you have the most of it exposed and they can be tightened fairly well although not enough to hold themselves at 90 degrees but if you want them on any kind of angle a large part of the ball on one side is covered up making tightening impossible.

It's also difficult becase it's absolute hell on the thumbs, I can't think what would make it easier, there's no hole through the middle that would allow a screwdriver or allan key to go through so that could be used for leverage.

You can see here the hatched bit in the middle of the mount is the exposed part of the ball I have to turn http://www.mordaunt-short.co.uk/pdf/300m.pdf

Has anyone with experience of these got any tips? At the moment I've got 4 wonky speakers all tilting downwards :(

Cheers
    Sun

2. cool hand luke

cool hand luke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used a large flat bladed screwdriver to give them that final tighten.
    Push the blade into one of the radial slots at an upwards angle and push.

3. Sun

Sun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    cool hand luke, that worked an absolute treat, it's not a precise science but it gets the job done. thanks a lot, something that simple never occurred to me. Good ol' Mordaunt Short :rolleyes:

Cheers :smashin: