• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help with "modding" an O2 XDA Ignito [HTC Touch Diamond]

fu510n

Hi all, i was wondering if theres an "idiots guide" to "modding" my Ignito, ive heard that theres tons of cool stuff out there but ive no idea where to start. Ive looked at several things over at the xda-developers but its like another language to me. How on earth do i put different ROM's on it? Does it affect my warranty?

Im completely in the dark here so any help is greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

This is just in case i cant trade my Ignito for an Xperia X1, iPhone or Omnia in my classifieds thread here. If ive got to keep this phone i might aswell maximize its potential :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamesie M

Can't help you with your XDA but I've got an mda vario III and used XDA developers to mod mine regularly.

Normally there is a wiki for each of the phones to read up about flashing new roms. You can choose an operator (e.g. orange, T-Mobile, HTC) rom or a cooked one that is either stripped and faster or has more software added (though sometimes too bloated).

XDA developers will have a list and a date for each for the cooked roms and info on their suitability. Unfortunately, they don't take too kindly to asking stupid questions on their forum, perhaps a search on modaco may be kinder if you're new.

I'm no expert but have learned how to flash roms and it takes all of ten minutes once done.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom