Help with minicom / serial port ipad

williams_1980

Established Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help . Installed terminal and have minicom running succesfully on my ipad which enables me to use a rj45 to ipad . I sourced this lead so i could console onto cisco routers and other rs232 equipment . Its working great but ive a small problem which im hoping some of you can help me with .

To enable me to boot up minicom through terminal i need to first ssh from my ipad into my ipad if that makes sense . To do this i get the ip of my ipad and use it as the hostname . Now my problem is i want to be able to use my cisco lead setup without needing to connect to a network . Idea being i can take my ipad to a remote site which hasnt got a network so i can put a basic config onto a cisco router . This link explains it better than im doing here

Serial Port on the iPhone with Minicom

Can i make a dummy static ip for my ipad without seeing any wifi connections . Just like i would on a terminal adaptor in windows , or is there any other way i can ssh without the need for a ip ( i.e mac address ) . Im kinda stuck and would appreciate any help .
thanks

Do you know what i must have looked at that page a 1000 times and overlooked the obvious . When it says connect to localhost , i was actually connecting to the local host router (192.168.0.2) . All i had to do was actually type localhost .
Thanks for pointing me back to that page , it got me thinking again and reading each line in slow motion :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom