Help with Mail app issues on my MBPro please.

P-P-S-S

Hi all. I was on 10.15.4 and was having issues with the emails. I have 3 email accounts and each of those was showing under the Mailboxes (icloud 1, icloud 2 and aol). Suddenly the icloud2 was going offline and whenever I clicked the warning triangle and the option to bring it online it was coming up with a message asking me to enter my password. I was entering the password correctly and it was coming up with an error message saying password not correct. I know the password is correct because I logged separately on the icloud website with it and worked. I even changed the password as prompted by Apple and it still did not work.

So i thought ot do a software update just in case it was because of that. Updated to 10.15.7. (Somehow the Big Sur update does nto show on my MBPlate2013. Following the update I kept having more email problems. Now the other accounts were also coming offline.
Strangely I could receive emails but couldnt send. After trying to solve the problem several times and failing I decided to delete the 3 different account in the Mailboxes and restart.

Do I regret that! I deleted the email accounts from the MBP and went to add them again in Mail but it is not working. Mail only shows the emails received in my icloud1 account but not those from icloud2 or aol.

I got to Mail->Add account and then choose iCloud or AOL from the window that comes up but it doesnt work. I enter the aol email and the password and it comes up saying that this account is already registered. Yet it does not show in the inbox nor the emails form it. Whereas the icloud2 account still says wrong password.

The different email accounts show fine in my iPhone and all emails from all accounts are shown.

Since this has been happening I have also had issues with my iPhone contacts and text messages as well. All of a sudden my contacts are all messed up (showing old contacts that I have deleted long ago and also some of my contacts are missing numbers, etc). Text messages show as just mobile number instead of showing the name of the person (despite that person and their phone being saved in my Contacts).

I have a message from someone whose number I have not saved on theiPhone. Before the iPhone used to say maybe:John whereas now it doesnt and just shows their name.

I am sorry for the lengthy post and hope I have been able to describe the problem as clearly as possible.

I haven't got a clue as to how to fix these issues and was hoping if someone could advise and help please. It's driving me mad.

MacrosTheBlack

I haven't got a clue as to how to fix these issues and was hoping if someone could advise and help please. It's driving me mad

Lot going on there and not something anyone’s really going to be able to battle through over forum posts.

I can tell you Early (there are Early and Late) 2013 MacBook Pro’s do not support Big Sur. You have reached the cut off point for Apple OS support.

But doesn’t mean you get Catalina 10.15.7 to work as you want. In fact there’s a brand new OS update out today. Get that downloaded and installed. Then try removing and adding all your mailboxes from scratch again.

if you still have issues drop me a message and I will offer some remote assistance if you’d like. Just make a charitable donation perhaps if I can get it all sorted for you.

P-P-S-S

Thank you very much for your answer and thank you for your kind offer. I ended up ringing Apple customer support and they kindly sorted it for me. It was quite a lengthy process. Something to do with a proxy malware.

I just downloaded the new Catalina update today as well. So far so good. Hopefully this MBP will see me through another year or two and then I'll get a new MBP. Just want to see first how the new Apple M processors perform in comparison to the Intel ones.

MacrosTheBlack

Glad they got all sorted for you. Just curious did they do that for free?

P-P-S-S

Glad they got all sorted for you. Just curious did they do that for free?

Yes free of charge. Which I was surprised about because I thought they would charge for a service like that. Unless it is because of the lockdown?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom