1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with magic x card and sweet spot

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by LTJ, Jan 14, 2005.

1. LTJ

LTJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all. I really enoy the exciting world of HTPC; when it properly that is. Right cut to the chase. I purchased the xcard/magic a couple of days ago to work with the sweet spot, dscaler, ati sapphire 9600, atlon 3000xp asus 7 mobo and windows xp.

The pc has found the new hardware the software seems to have loaded. Trouble is when choosing the magic dvd player it only seems to function sporadically. If I start powerdvd first then close only then does magic dvd player seems to spring into action, but I still get no Picture. Am I correct in opening the magic player and then opening dscaler and choose PDI. All I seem to get a a broken green screen. The ribbon cable from the x-card to the sweet spot seems to be okay. I also noticed on the plugged in tv website FAQ on the magic x card that the DVD player skin and features look totally different to the one that came with the software. I have mailed pluggedin tv but as nowdays it would seem the telephone is a thing of the past, it get's mighty frustrating trying to conduct something which verbally would take several minutes with emails which can take days progress eh?

I have mailed plugged in but I'm not holding me breath..
    If no joy by Monday I will have to back it!

Can anyone help or at least give me a rational cours of action telephone number for plugged in tv?

Thanks
    Lawrence

2. RobsterD

RobsterD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    So the media player loads and you see the DVD yes and it starts to play,this is without loading dscaler.What config is set in the media player for the xcard?
    When you load dcaler you set it to pdi correct and all you get is a green broken signal,this would indicate that dscaler is set to NTSC instead of PAL,is this been set correctly?

3. LTJ

LTJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rob thanks for the reply, this device is driving me nuts. I have descaler set to pdi I've tried the various Pal settings but to no avail; always a green image with broken movement. is there something in the player output that I have'nt set correctly i.e. the choces of VGA, rgb, ect.?No sound either is that dependent on linking out to (in my case a creative external sound card?
    Are the drivers on the supplied software out of date?
    Would havng cyber link power dvd installed cause any problems?

Thanks

4. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. LTJ

LTJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the link. I tried to post there but it says something like "you are not allowed to" I'm tired and very ****** off at the moment. I just want to talk to somebody whose not using a fU%&ing keyboard to communicate. This is just so long winded. Idont think the player is even playing. I removed cyber power dvd and now magic will not appear to play at all. Even though it's not playing I still get a green screen in Dscaler!.

PLUGGEDINTV PLEASE GET A TELEPHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have to register first Im afraid as its a forum. You could rant about the no phone thing as well.

7. LTJ

LTJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Rob and kahless. Rob I got your'e private message and tried to send you one back but even that wouldn't work as you've apparrently used up your message allowance. kahless I am a member of pixel plusjoined about a year ago but forgot all about them. Even so the site won't let me post for some reason I have to contact the administrator. As I said it all drives me to the brink of suicide. I love the technology, I love then net it is fantastic when it works, that's the problem though when it works.

Anyhow I've tried all the usual stuff to get it to work.
    What I find is that

1) When every thing is installed the DVD player opens up put upon playing a message pops up "cannot find drivers or hardware.
    2) If I start Cyber dvd power play (another dvd software player) and then turn it off initiate the magic player it then appears to play. It will see the film title and look as if it's playing. When I then go to dscaler to run the sweetspot and choose PDI nothing happens but a green screen. Even when I turn the magic player off I get a green screen in dscaler which leads me to believe either the software or the x-card is at fault.

I've checked in device manager and it shows the sigma hardware to be working. So at present I havent a clue other than that the unit is faulty.

Thanks

Lawrence
    lawrence.jenkins@btinternet.com

8. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Lawrence

Sorry you are struggling - hopefully you have seen your email now from us over the weekend and again this morning. As described, it could either be a hardware conflict, or possibly a faulty card. We have a different batch of cards arriving later today so if you still dont have it resolved we can send you an advance replacement.

best regards

9. LTJ

LTJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave thanks for the response. I appreciate you can't be on the phone all day but a quick conversation can resove things alot quicker than passwords, usernames and typing. Any how you did (or your colleague) give me a call about the Sweet spot card when I purchased it last year, and I'm still amazed by it's quality. Okay enough with the crawling :laugh: .

Right Rob Dear contacted me through the forum and went through installation with me yesterday evening and may I thank Rob for his very generous help and time :smashin: .

Now Rob uses the same asus board as me but he is using a new ge-force graphics card. We both went through unistall and install procedure and even tried the drivers from the Sigma website, but alas to no avail.

As I've said it's all very odd I've tried with Rob's help to utilise a different PCI slot but alas to no avail still the same problem.

If you can send that board Dave it should'nt take too long to slot in and retry. Would you suggest uninstalling the drivers and then fit the knew board?

If I still get "no drivers and hard ware found ...well we'll see.

I'm really looking foward to seeing this card in action.

All the best

Lawrence.

10. LTJ

LTJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Knew board :oops:

Alas poor board I new him well!

11. LTJ

LTJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Opps sorry. Dave I forgot to mention that so far I haven't received your email.

12. LTJ

LTJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave off plugged in TV what is happening then? I recieve no personal emails the only way I can contact you seems to be on a forum. You message from yesterday claims you'd emailed and you hadn't but you tell me if I can't get the card to work you'll send another one. I mail you here and at plugged in tv and get no confirmation one way or the other so
    WHAT IS GOING ON?
    At least tell me whats happening, are you sending another card or not? Should I send the one I have back to you.

Sorry to the administrators but this seems to be the way to contact plugged in tv.