Help with Living Room Layout

markb1980

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am hoping somebody can advise me on a few things reference my living room layout. Attached is a plan which is how things are currently. Tv is just on a floor stand in the corner. I would like to wall mount my TV (potentially build a floating wall) and also have 5.1 system installed. My question is where would be the best place to wall mount my tv and also locate sofa's etc to accommodate this. I would love to mount the tv on the large wall where the fire place is (its our feature wall) but am I correct in that the viewing angles will be no good in this position? My other thought was mounting the tv on the wall where sofa 2 is and then having a corner sofa where Sofa 1 and the window are located at the other end of the Living room but unsure if this would look odd due to being adjacent to the big long feature wall? Anyway I thought I would come here to the experts on this in hope somebody could advise. The TV I have is a 55" HU7500 Samsung UHD.

Thank you in advance

Mark

Attachments

• Living room.pdf
    243.2 KB · Views: 92
If the main wall isnt going to work because of viewing angles then only other option I can see if mount it where Sofa 2 is and then get a nice L sofa along feature wall and window.

If the main wall isnt going to work because of viewing angles then only other option I can see if mount it where Sofa 2 is and then get a nice L sofa along feature wall and window.

That's what I was thinking, it's a shame but I cannot see any way to sit dead centre if I mount on the feature wall due to the doors leading to the hall way. I just need to measure the viewing distance between where you suggest and where the L shape sofa would be. Thanks for your advise.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom