Help with Living Room AV Upgrade

Valo^

Looking for a bit of help. I'm going to be getting some decorating done in my Living room in a couple of months time and I'm going to take the opportunity to upgrade my AV Setup.

Current Setup
Panasonic TX-P50V20E
Q Acoustics Q-AV 5.1 Speakers
Onkyo 607 AVR

Sources
Freeview
Apple TV 4K (1st Gen)
Panasonic DMPP-BD77EB-K Bluray Player

Requirements
  • I'm looking to go 4K OLED with a screen size of 55".
  • I'd also like to remove my Onkyo AVR and Q-AV 5.1 system and look at a soundbar with Dolby Atmos.
  • I'd like to replace my existing bluray player with a 4K model as well.

If anyone could give me some recommendations I'd really appreciate it. I don't have a set budget as such but I'm bot going to go crazy.

Dodgexander

There's been plenty of deals recently on OLEDs at 55" on outgoing 2020 stock. You can see discussion on the price changes of OLEDs here:

As for which OLED to go for, first I'd avoid going for a 2021 model if you can, since they have only just been released you will have to over-pay for a TV that has similar picture quality.

I have an overview of the small differences from one OLED to another here:

And my best buy guide that includes OLEDs here:

The important thing to remember when shopping for an OLED is that they all have remarkably similar picture quality because they are all using the same panel made by LG, therefore the differences from one model and another is very small.

Valo^

I've been looking around and doing some reading.

I'm looking at the following:

LG 55" CX or C1
LG SN9YG Soundbar

Valo^

I think I've settled on my new setup after doing a lot of reading of reviews and threads.

LG 55" C1 OLED TV
Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar

I'm going to head out to my local stores to try and see and listen to both. I would be interested to hear what everyone thinks.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom