Help with linking TV to amp

A

Andy Man

Hi,
I recieved a regular amplifier (Cambridge Audio A1 VERSION 3) for Christmas and am wanting to know whether this can be linked up to my TV. There is a single scart socket in the back of my TV and 2 RCA sockets in the back of my amp. To make the matter even more complicated I have an xbox and want t be able to play on my xbox with the sound coming out of my speakers (which are linked up to my amp). I am assuming that is possible to link my amp to my TV because it says AV on the top of the sockets along with CD, Tape and AUX. Do I need to buy an AV amplifier for this to work?
Thank you for any help given
Andy

Andy - Does your tv not have 2 rca outputs i.e. for stereo use (red & white). If you just connect these from your tv to the amp you should be able to utilise your stereo speakers for tv sound. I imagine you have only 2 speakers?

If you want surround sound (i.e. 5 speakers) then you'll need an av amp or receiver.

No, my TV is small and old and only has a scart and arial sockets in the back. But I have a block connecter from scart to 3 RCA. I tried linking 2 RCA leads (a red and a white) into this block from the back of my amp but it didn't work. I have a feeling that this will only work on the AV channel and not with the normal TV channels. Thanks for your help any way.
Andy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom