1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with LG RZ26LZ50 LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by 1a2b3c, Feb 24, 2005.

1. 1a2b3c

1a2b3c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought this TV which is billed as having progressive scan. I then went and got a progressive scan DVD player. When hooked up (thorugh component) they work together fine in interlaced mode but when switched to progressive - the screen splits in two and then goes fuzzy.

Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this?

Although the TV is supposed to have progressive scan I'm starting to doubt it - the instruction manual says that the component input is for 480i/576i only (and not P as you might expect).

Help anyone?

2. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    According to what video widescreen tv mag which they reviewed the 32" version of your tv it will only accept 480i or 576i signals through component inputs which seems a bit strange have you tryed the dvi input i assume the 26" has one.

3. 1a2b3c

1a2b3c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah - the 26"er has a dvi - worth a try.

I have put the question to LG technical support but the best i got back was to use the component input on the TV - Great!! I told them i was already using this when I first rang. Every day since then I have rung, they have told me they are just looking at it and will call me back that day - They have not called back yet! Nearly 2 weeks of this so far :thumbsdow

Any more help anyone??

4. hardiz

hardiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    hi
    I have this tv and the component will only take 480i and 576i signals. I believe the tv has a DCDI chip which converts a interlaced signal into a progressive one. The picture quality is pretty good i would recommend increasing the brightness to get the best picture quality.
    The DVI input on this tv is very good when used with a pc, but has anybody used it with a DVI equipped DVD player???

5. 1a2b3c

1a2b3c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah - that sounds like it. :clap:

The worrying thing is LG have not said that in the 2 weeks they have been working on this.

Don't suppose you know what they mean by picture in picture and how it works?

I'm trying not to sound too thick but the manual is not the best!

6. Divemaster

Divemaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes but with a cousin LG RZ-32LZ50 and it gives u value for your money. I beats Scart+RGB. I bought a dvd-player from BBK DV971H. Its a nice little piece with DVI for a bargain.
    Through the DVI you can send 720p and 1080i and the input on the LCD can handle this.

/Dive :thumbsup:

7. Rob D

Rob D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this LCD tv and have been quite impressed by the picture quality from a Sky box.
    However the tv started to play up recently, it turned itself on and off late at night and the buttons on the side didn't do as they said, i.e pressed the vol up key and it opened the menu?? Also I couldn't turn the tv off by the standby button because it said the child lock was on, but when I checked in the menu it wasn't however if I switched it on I was able to turn the tv on????
    After a bit of investigation I found out the tv had turned on all of the auto on/off settings itself and generally just wasn't acting right.
    Just before I was about to return it I unplugged it from the mains to see if that would cure it and it did, but if it starts to play up again it's getting returned.
    Anyone else have any wierd problems like this?

Just to let you know this model doesn't have any picture in picture features.

Cheers, Rob.

8. Divemaster

Divemaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone that has info about the "Service menu" and the best settings?

( To reach the Service menu - Press "menu"-button on both the remote and lcd for a couple of seconds 5-10s and it will appear on the screen. )

/Dive :lease:

9. 1a2b3c

1a2b3c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah - i started to think that it didn't have picture in picture but the LG website clearly states that it does.

As always the customer support line was less than helpful.

Trade descriptions act?

10. hardiz

hardiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    anybody used the samsung hd745 dvd player with this tv?? If so does it work ok with the DVI connector?? Does it do 720p through DVI?(as i believe you can upscale to 720p on this dvd player via a handset hack). The reason i ask is that i assumed
    that the DVI on this tv was for pc input only and the lg website and stats are not very informative!!

11. Essex19

Essex19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello LG owners,

:oops: firstly sorry for posting this here not sure if the right place to do so i'm a Nu-bee??? but i have a question for you all has anyone wall mounted their screens and if so what make bracket did you use and how easy or difficult was it to fix.

Also 1a2b3c sorry dude cant help you with your post but Let us now how you get on with the progressive scan as i would like to at some stage upgrade my dvd player one which of cause is compatable. thx :)

12. rash132

rash132

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also had the same problem I used to own a RZ23LZ20 which was billed to have Prog Scan and component input according to the lg website. After numerous complaints, and also mentioning that it was against the trade descriptions act. They replaced it with a DI30LZ30 which supposedly the only thing they could find that was compatible.

But wait:
    Since I recieved it the Built in Freeview is faulty the picture is dark and murky. white is displayed as grey, same thing happens through component, works fine with 480i and 576i but with 480p, 576p and 720p the picture goes dark and murky again.

at the moment LG going to get back to me
    so just gotta wait and see.

13. Deaky

Deaky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my bracket from chaseAV Just a standard wall mount 100 x 100 vesa bracket with a 200 x 100 x 100 adaptor to fit to the screen total cost about £35 inc vat and del

http://www.chaseavdirect.co.uk/acatalog/LCD-TFT-Screen-Wall-Mount.html

14. emu

emu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67