Help with LG OLED and LG Soundbar Dolby Atmos

gorash

Novice Member
Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum, so please be patient with me. I have purchased the LG OLED G1 EVO 55" and the LG Éclair soundbar and I got some questions and I hope that you can provide me some advice. I have connected the TV with an HDMI Cable to the Soundbar and of course I have used HMDI2. The only setting I have enabled was eARC because it was turned off. My Xbox Series X is connected to the HDMI in of the Soundbar. The issue is that if I play Dolby Atmos content either on the TV or via the Xbox, I am unable to get Dolby Atmos, I don't see the logo and I believe that is a config issue for sure, so you guys will for sure save my Christmas if you can give me a hand. What settings do I need to do on the TV to enable all of this ? One extra question you might able to help I don't get the high refresh rat 4k on the Xbox. Is this because the Soundbar doesn't allow or support it or do I also miss something here. Many thanks guys for your help. I think, I will still watch some high quality content because even if the sound isn't maxed out yet, the quality of the display is just from another planet.

Thanks for your help!

next010

Distinguished Member
For eARC you must set TV as
eARC = enabled
Digital Sound Output = Pass-through
HDMI Input Audio Format = Bitstream

Xbox set it to bitstream Dolby Atmos.

So long as the console is connected directly to the TV it should allow 4K 120hz,
  • ensure the TV is in game optimizer mode
  • HDMI deep colour is set to 4K.
  • TV firmware is up to date.

gorash

Novice Member
Thanks for your answer.

But if I don't connect the console directly to the TV but to the eclair soundbar I will not get 120hz correct ?

next010

Distinguished Member
Thanks for your answer.

But if I don't connect the console directly to the TV but to the eclair soundbar I will not get 120hz correct ?

LG do not state the video features supported by the eclair soundbar but I doubt it supports 120hz, Freesync etc, those will need the console connected directly to the TV most likely.

Mithras23

Novice Member
Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum, so please be patient with me. I have purchased the LG OLED G1 EVO 55" and the LG Éclair soundbar and I got some questions and I hope that you can provide me some advice. I have connected the TV with an HDMI Cable to the Soundbar and of course I have used HMDI2. The only setting I have enabled was eARC because it was turned off. My Xbox Series X is connected to the HDMI in of the Soundbar. The issue is that if I play Dolby Atmos content either on the TV or via the Xbox, I am unable to get Dolby Atmos, I don't see the logo and I believe that is a config issue for sure, so you guys will for sure save my Christmas if you can give me a hand. What settings do I need to do on the TV to enable all of this ? One extra question you might able to help I don't get the high refresh rat 4k on the Xbox. Is this because the Soundbar doesn't allow or support it or do I also miss something here. Many thanks guys for your help. I think, I will still watch some high quality content because even if the sound isn't maxed out yet, the quality of the display is just from

Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum, so please be patient with me. I have purchased the LG OLED G1 EVO 55" and the LG Éclair soundbar and I got some questions and I hope that you can provide me some advice. I have connected the TV with an HDMI Cable to the Soundbar and of course I have used HMDI2. The only setting I have enabled was eARC because it was turned off. My Xbox Series X is connected to the HDMI in of the Soundbar. The issue is that if I play Dolby Atmos content either on the TV or via the Xbox, I am unable to get Dolby Atmos, I don't see the logo and I believe that is a config issue for sure, so you guys will for sure save my Christmas if you can give me a hand. What settings do I need to do on the TV to enable all of this ? One extra question you might able to help I don't get the high refresh rat 4k on the Xbox. Is this because the Soundbar doesn't allow or support it or do I also miss something here. Many thanks guys for your help. I think, I will still watch some high quality content because even if the sound isn't maxed out yet, the quality of the display is just from another planet.

Thanks for your help!
Hi. I know nothing about AV but have recently found following info. I have Lg c9 oled and have just bought lg soundbar. I noticed was only seeing dolby vision kogo and not Atmos when watching Disney+ etc and found this
Hi all,

Thanks for your help!
eARC = enabled

So long as the console is connected directly to the TV it should allow 4K 120hz,
I have similar problems with lg c9 oled and lg soundbar and found the following on digital trends, not sure if this is the reason as am clueless about AV

"examples where you may not get Dolby Atmos"
  • Using the built-in Plex client on an LG OLED TV to play a movie encoded with Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Atmos, with an Atmos soundbar connected via HDMI ARC. This is a really frustrating one — all of the sources and components are Atmos-capable, but because the Plex client on the LG TV isn’t yet optimized to handle TrueHD/Atmos, it down-converts the audio to Dolby 5.1 — even though both the TV itself and the connected soundbar could have easily handled the TrueHD/Atmos track.

gorash

Novice Member
Thanks for the answer. But I am also experiencing the same issue with Netflix content as well. Anybody has any ideas ?

rustybin

Distinguished Member
eARC = enabled

This has been driving me insane. thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom