Help with LG Home Cinema System

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by trixie, Feb 24, 2013.

1. trixie

trixie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Not sure if I am in the correct thread, if not perhaps someone can redirect me.

We have an LG DH3120S home cinema system with the integrated DVD player. Previously we have had the system working when playing DVD and have connected the sky + box with the red and white cables.

However we won a new TV and as this is 3D etc etc we decided to put this one in the living room. (It is an LG 42LM620T). This does not have many "old style" connectors and we managed to get sound to sky+ box but it did not work properly when connected with a scart to play dvd. I spoke to LG who said that it may work if we bought an analogue to digital converter but as funds are limited I wanted to know which one to buy and how it installs and whether it will actually work. We do have an optical audio output on TV but not on cinema system.

Can anyone help please?

2. larkone

larkone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,182
    If you are trying to get the TV sound into the home cinema system you need a DAC - digital to analogue convertor.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Grade-...TUO0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361777977&sr=8-1

This would connect from the TV to the DAC by optical cable and then a standard RCA phono leads to the Home Cinema system.

I think that is what you are trying to do but it is not entirely clear from your explanation. The DVD audio should play through your sound system as the player is integrated into this box.