Help With LG G1 Software Issues

John151

Novice Member
I just purchased a brand new 77" G1 and had it wall mounted (well past my abilities). The TV has an amazing picture, but I am having all kinds of weird issues with software. The issues seem to vary over time.

Initially, when trying to configure the TV, the TV wanted me to accept the privacy policies. However, when I tried, I got an error message that the polices could not be downloaded. After several hours, they magically became available.

Earlier today, there was very little info on the home page, and I had no Apps like Hulu, YouTub, etc. Clicking on the Apps ICON to manage apps resulted in a blank screen that simple said "No content available". Suddenly, a few hours ago, the Home Screen now appeared as it did originally 9with the familiar HULU, YouTube, etc icons). However, clicking on an App like HULU results in a message that the app needs to be updated. Updating the app results in an error message stating that the app is not installed. Trying to install a new app that is not installed also results in an error stating "app is not installed". As of right now, clicking on an app results in a message stating "This page is not available". Seriously, the TV acts differently every time I turn it on.

Access to LG channels comes and goes.

I tried the Update Software option, but it comes back stating that I have the most current version (03.25.25).

I have fast and stable internet in the house. The TV is connected via WiFi and is not far from the router. I am able to browse the web with the built in browsers, so I don't think internet connectivity is the issue.

I have done the "reset to initial settings" several times, hoping it might fix the issue, but to no avail.

I called LG support and spoke to a person who was very polite, but completely useless. I won't go into details, but calling LG was a very strange experience and a total waste of time.

It seems like the issues are software related, so I am wondering if LG has been hacked or something? This is soooo strange. Any suggestions or input will be greatly appreciated.

next010

Distinguished Member
Try this
1) disable wifi on the TV.
2) power off TV and unplug from power socket (TV will not fully reboot otherwise).
3) reboot the router, wait till its back up and running
4) power on TV and connect to wifi

See if that clears it.

Could be a problem with servers on LG's end, the not being able to download privacy policies is known rare bug in LG it usually clears itself if you do the above.

John151

Novice Member
Try this
1) disable wifi on the TV.
2) power off TV and unplug from power socket (TV will not fully reboot otherwise).
3) reboot the router, wait till its back up and running
4) power on TV and connect to wifi

See if that clears it.

Could be a problem with servers on LG's end, the not being able to download privacy policies is known rare bug in LG it usually clears itself if you do the above.
Thanks. I will try that when I get the chance (not easy to power off the TV).

I did try switching the WiFi to my cell phone's hot spot WiFi. This solved the problem!

I then configured the TV while connected to the cell phone and switched back to the the land based internet once the TV was fully configured. This has been working reasonably well. I still am not able to add any apps using the land based WiFi, however. I will try the above procedure and see if this solves the issue with adding application!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom