Help with LED Strip Lights

nl92

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I apologise if this is the wrong place to post this but I was wondering if somebody could help me. I am looking to buy some LED strip Lights for my TV (Sony 65XF9005) but I am worried that the adhesive that is used to stick them to the back of the TV would damage the TV/chip paint/leave a mess etc if I ever wanted or needed to remove them? I'm keen to put them on but don't want to cause any damage. If anybody has any info or advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey! Use 3M double sided stickers for Command hooks. These will come off easily:

Hi - Thanks alot - I'll certainly try and order them - cheers

Or simply don't remove all the adhesive backing paper and just use a cm or so every few inches.

Never had an issue removing led strip lights except on painted walls. The back of the TV is probably self coloured plastic and you could cleanly remove the strip without issue.

I recommend 'double sided acrylic tape' (search using those words on ebay) as they dont leave a residual and wont leave any marks. Stick if over the adhesive on the strip.

I used the cable tie adhesive from B&Q / Screwfix and used clear small cable ties, then cut off the excess.

E260AD15-B3A6-42FB-B9E1-FD35543C0FEB.jpeg

F05BF616-88E5-46CE-A03F-A7BDA691206C.jpeg

I think it turned out great.

E004A427-A3CF-46BB-B38B-66F3C9981C02.jpeg

Last edited:
You get a like just for being a maggot :smashin:

Seen them live twice, Iowa tour and Vol.3 tour but I just missed this years tour due to my works rotation!

Always been a fan

🤘

Seen them live twice, Iowa tour and Vol.3 tour but I just missed this years tour due to my works rotation!

Always been a fan

🤘
at download? i thought it was cancelled due to Coronavirus. id love to see them but the closest thing for me is the Mexico tour on blu ray

Always been a fan

🤘
Iowa tour 😍 That must have been insane! Tbh I only discovered them about 12 years ago, but it was love at first listen.

at download? i thought it was cancelled due to Coronavirus. id love to see them but the closest thing for me is the Mexico tour on blu ray

1st time was the Iowa tour at the Odyssey arena in Belfast when i was 15 / 16, so 15 years ago, the venue was near empty as they where not well known at the time and certainly not in NI, think it was £15 a ticket 😂 .

2nd time was in Dublin on there Vol.3 tour, this time they sold out and tickets were about £40 /£50.

I had tickets for the WANYK tour in Glasgow in Jan 2020, but I was on rotation in the Middle East and had to sell them, luckily Ticketmaster allows you to relist sold out shows - got full face value for both my tickets - £80 each.

Will buy tickets if/ when they tour again.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom