Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I currently have the following setup:
Anthem MRX 720 receiver
PMC Twenty5 22 L/R [to be used elsewhere]
PMC Twenty C
M&K M4T tripole surrounds
KEF R50 Atmos (bit of an impulse buy to give Atmos a cheap whirl)
JL Audio E110 sub

This is currently being used for movies and music, but I am moving home and will be able to have music in one room and movies in another. I'm looking for advice in this thread for the movie setup, recognising that I would like to use the PMC 22s for music in the other room. I don't see any reason for changing the surrounds, which means I am looking for LCR recommendations up to about £1-1.2k, though if I can save here I might be able to put that towards a better amp for music in the other room. I have no issues buying second hand.

The TV room is around 3.75m x 4.4m, but with a chunk taken out the corner as shown below (sub placement is a bit of a guess at present). A few options I have come up with, but open to anything really. If speakers can be fairly discrete and/or white then that will get me brownie points at home!

Option 1: Keep the PMC centre speaker, find a second hand pair of PMC Twenty 21s for L/R (not as discrete as other options, but builds on what I have already)
Option 2: M&K M70 LCR (should work well for movies; also looked at on wall MP950 but these are over budget)
Option 3: Q Acoustic 3030i (just saw reviewed favourably here, very reasonable £)
Option 4: B&W 6 series (606? 6 series was favourably reviewed here)
What else?!
TV room.png

Last edited:
Arendal 1961 Monitor and Centre (identical apart from logo). Available in white, sealed cabinets, keyholes for wall mounting. 42,5cm (H) x 16,3cm (W) x 15cm (D).

899€ + 499€ = 1243£

Arendal_Sound_1961-19.jpg

The Twenty .21s measured rather poorly for such expensive product. Not sure is the newer ones anything similar. Hopefully not. And does the Twenty C share same drivers with this then?

From memory, which may fail me, the Centre speaker has the same drivers as the 22 not the 21. I like the sound (on paper at least) of the Arendals.

Yep the feedback has been great for Arendal 1961 there is owners thread on another section.

HCC system had the towers as mains:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom