Question Help with laptop to projector to soundbar setup

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by Julandoodoo, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Julandoodoo

Julandoodoo
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,
    I've recently renovated my bedroom into media Centre. I bought an (EPSON TW-5200) projector and the (Yamaha YAS-203 Sound bar).

This is how I want my set up to be, ( Laptop/PS4/HDMI source to projector via hdmi -audio & video-, then the sound from projector to the sound-bar ).

The epson projector has HDMIx2, RCA, VGA and an Aux output, however, it does not have a optical fibre coax output.

The sound bar on the other hand has RCA and optic fibre coax inputs only, no HDMi or Aux.

So the only two common input and outputs between the projector and the sound bar is the RCA, however, the projector does not have the option to select video/audio separate outputs.

How can I get the setup I mentioned to work?
    Laptop to projector via hdmi, then projector to soundbar via RCA cable.

Attached Files:

2. Julandoodoo

Julandoodoo
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So here's what I've done, I went ahead and bought a 3.5 aux to 2 female RCA converter, it worked. However, I am not certain weather i'm getting the full experience out of the 7.1 virtual surround sound.

I tried playing some surround sound test tracks from youtube, and I switched between " surround" and " stereo " from the soundbar remote, there is definetly a difference, but i'm not sure if its 7.1ch since its virtual surround sound.

I tried looking for an HDMI audio extractor, but the only 7.1ch available is cablesonns's HDelity HDMI 7.1ch audio extractor and mixer. Its quite expensive but its the only one I could find on the market.