Help with L+R audio....

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by AdyCool, Feb 7, 2005.

1. AdyCool

AdyCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can someone tell me if there is an easy way to make my DVD player play the audio through my TV aswell as my CD player. The DVD player has Y,R+W component output, my CD player has R+W audio input and my TV has 2 scart sockets.

2. AdyCool

AdyCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know you can buy Y splitters for the audio but can't see them in shops. Is there an easier way?

3. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    A scart will take care of audio for the tv.If your dvd has component output i would be suprised if it didnt have twin rca as well.

4. AdyCool

AdyCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, it only has Audio L, Audio R and Video output (W,R+Y).

5. AdyCool

AdyCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any help atall will be great, is there any kind of SCART devices that will do this?

6. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Just trying to get my head round what you want to do.

DVD player -> TV for video and audio
    CD player -> TV for audio

Is this correct ?

What are the conenctions on the.....

DVD player
    CD player
    TV

Richie.

7. AdyCool

AdyCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want Video on TV with audio on TV AND CD player. (TV has Video and audio input, CD player has audio input;DVD player has video and audio output - but I'm sure you know this :) )

8. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi there,

The problem you have is that the DVD player doesn't have a Scart socket. Unless your tv has a Component input the only way to connect it is via an Component to RGB converter from Keene which is around £100. It would be easier to get a new DVD player for about £50.

What make is the DVD player ? Maybe I can take a look on the web for the connections. Also, what make is the TV and CD player.

Richie.

9. AdyCool

AdyCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    !!!!come on-stop getting the wrong end of the stick!!!! - my DVD player (like any other DVD player) has component output, TV (like any other TV) has component input and my CD player (like any other CD player) has Red and White component input!

10. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Sorry, but this is a quote from you !

Just read through the thread again and there has been a bit of confusion. The connections you have are NOT Component connections. You have Composite on the back of your DVD player (1 Yellow RCA) and 2 audio outputs (Left is White, Right is Red).

On the CD player you have 2 audio RCAs (Left is White, Right is Red).

Connect the CD player to the RCA Phono in on the TV using the two RCA cables (Red and White).

Then, take a trip to your local electronics place (Maplin's maybe) and get one of these.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=11961&TabID=1&source=15&WorldID=&doy=10m2

It's an RCA phono to SCART connecter. Connect the DVD players Composite Phono cable (Yellow) to the yellow in on the adapter, white to white and red to red for audio and plug it in to TV.

Component is something completely different where it uses 3 RCA connections which all carry a video signal and none carry an audio signal.

Richie.