Help with KEF Q4's..

Zog

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anybody advise what to do with the foam "bungs" that come with these speakers ?

I know where to shove 'em, but no idea if I should .. ;)

There is a diagram in the literature, but I've no idea what its trying to tell me !

i think that they placed in the front port to cut down on the bass if its too boomy and your room is too small....... (does that make sense?, i may also be totally wrong)

Shove them in the ports on the front and have a listen. See what sounds better to your ears (get the missus to put them in / Out so that you can do blind tests)

The Bungs that came with mine are still in the box, as i found that every little bit of Bass these speakers could produce was needed. They sounded better in my room without them.

I also find that the midrange really opens up when the grills are left off. Unfortunately because of cats & kids i have to suffer them on :thumbsdow

Steve

stevefish69 said:
Unfortunately because of cats & kids i have to suffer them on :thumbsdow
Steve

Cheers..... I'll have a play.

As for the grills, I found that leaving them on actually encourages our two fat gets to scratch.

my MA Silver S6's come with bungs for the 2 rear ports on each speaker...

in my bedroom they have plenty of room to breathe so i dont use them, but whenever i let my mum borrow them (say if im on holiday for week or two) in the lounge downstairs they are bang up against the wall, so the bungs are needed or its BOOOOOOOM time....she prefers a stronger midrange/treble than a whallomping bass..lol, so the plugs are definitely in...heh

oops, i got error message first time i posted so i didnt think it had...lol...have edited this as its same as last.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom