help with jl 5 year guarentee as my lcd has broken

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by charlie chaplin, Mar 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. charlie chaplin

charlie chaplin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi everyone :hiya: ,hope this is the correct forum to post in, i bought a phillips lcd from john lewis 3 years ago, bought for £450 ex display with the 5 year warranty, tv was priced at £600 if i remember correctly.
    tv has broken, no picture or sound, jl have been messing me around for 3 weeks or there repair company have, called there customer service deptmaent who admitted there level of service was not what it should've been, anyway they say that if they can't repair it ill get there valuation of my tv which is 3 years old.
    has anyone ever had this happen to them, its only a 17inch lcd but its the principle, all i want was a tv back for the bedroom, would appriciate any advice and sorry againn if im in the wrong forum.

2. Music2000

Music2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar problem when a repair company used by John Lewis took a very long time (over a month) to fix a TV; I was on the verge of making a complaint when I received a phone call from John Lewis saying that the repairer still couldn't find the fault (something to do with a crack on the circuit board they had trouble finding) and ended up with a brand new TV of identical value.

So although it unfortunately took several weeks to resolve the problem, it worked out fine in the end! Don't get too upset with JL - if you're nice with them you may get a good result sooner rather than later - but remind them that the repairer is taking a long time to resolve the problem.

3. charlie chaplin

charlie chaplin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thx for your reply , iwas nice to the customer service assistant on monday morning, she said dont worry a manager will call you back from electrical dept, still no call back from anyone, i called this afternoon and they were of a problem but said a manager shouldve already called you,lol:rolleyes: , so ill try again in the morning, but thx for your reply i appriciate it