1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Interconnects Sky Video DVD

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Bales1983, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Bales1983

Bales1983

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Just ordered a Sanyo 32WN5 TV, I also have a Goodmans HEC17 Home Theatre Kit coming too, I need a little help with wiring, the TV has 2 scart sockets but only 1 RGB enabled (i think so anyway?), So its obvious sky box has to go to scart 1, and dvd can plug into the other scart on the Sky box and should pass through?, So we have DVD > Sky> TV1 and on scart 2 we have VCR > TV2, thats good but need to record from sky so i would need VCR > SKY > TV1, and DVD > TV2 but scart 2 isnt capable of using RGB? Any ideas on what i can do??

TV = 2 scarts
    Sky = 2 scarts
    DVD = 1 scart
    VCR = 1 scart

Hope someone can help,

Thanks

Lee

2. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    My personal choice would be to have the DVD going to Scart 1 (RGB) and then having sky to Scart 2 and sky - video.

You could of course get a scart switcher which allows you to have more than one output going to one input and have both Sky and DVD going into Scart 1. Vivanco do a manual scart switcher for about £20. There are others and auto switchers out there.

Hope this helps

3. Teleport

Teleport

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why are you trying to get RGB to your VCR Lee?

Will your VCR accept RGB?

My advice would be to keep your current setup and just plug your VCR into Scart 2.

As your TV has 2 scart sockets it should also have the facility to pass whatever is comming in scart 1 onto scart 2 so the below will be your setup

DVD->SKYBOX->TV<->VCR

Oh and if your DVD has a pass through I would put it ahead of your SKYBOX if possible as the DVD has the better picture that you don't want degrading while being passed though the SKYBOX. But this is up to you.

Hope this helps.

4. nikyzf

nikyzf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Assuming TV SCART1 is RGB, I'd go
    DVD > SCART1
    Sky > VCR > SCART2 (or VCR > Sky > SCART2)
    That way DVD has a direct path to RGB, whilst allowing the VCR to record Sky as normal.