1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Infocus X2

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Deathwalker, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Deathwalker

Deathwalker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all...

I'm a complete newbie to the forums and in the world of projectors. I bought the X2 a week ago to use my XBox with it. Yesterday I installed the new firmware v1.2.0 from v1.1.1. Now I have this anoying flash from the lamp :mad: . Dose anyone have the firmware v1.1.1 they coud send me so I can revert back to the original that it came with. So that I can continue with my big screen experience and be a happy gamer again...

Thanx in advance...

2. Deathwalker

Deathwalker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I take it that no one can help help out with this one?....

3. Darko

Darko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Hey Bud

When I first started looking into getting a PJ I looked at the X2 and asked the guys in here about it and got no reply mainly because its not really suited for home cinema and there are better conference room PJs out there. This maybe why no one has replyed. But apart from that how old is it where did you buy it and what is the warranty like on it, I know X2s are sold on the high street so you maybe able to return it as it sounds like the firm ware is a bit iffy espeically if it did not do it before you updated.

My opinion is just speculation so give it a bit of time and I am sure a guru like gary or PJX will soon come along and help you out.

Cheers Darko

4. Deathwalker

Deathwalker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Darko.

I bought it from PC World just over a week ago. I'll Send a service report to Infocus and see if they'll send me the previous firmware. Thanx for your response mate. I bought it because I wanted a pj for under £1000. Seeing this one for £600.... Well..... I thought, what a bargin... Just goes to so. I should have done a little research first..... Oh well, I'll know for next time. Saying that, It's a good pj for ther money.... But the flash from the new firmware is anoying.

Anyway, Thanx again.
    Deathwalker

5. Darko

Darko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    If its only a week old maybe try to return it you have cival righte to return goods within 28 days for a full refund in cash and the shop can argue but that is the law then maybe you could invest your money in a PJ more suited for you. ( come back for advice on that )

Cheers Darko