Help With In-Wall Speakers

thedoc

Standard Member
I've finally decided to go down the in-wall route and have fixed a budget of circa £800 for a 5.1 array of speakers. (approx £150-200 for each L,C,R and £200 for a pair of surrounds) - sub I will add later- I realise its essential with in-walls!

I'm building a floating screen wall (stud & plasterboard) in a room approx 16'11 x 15'10 and I want to set up the 5.1 array for use with a Denon 3803 (or similar around 110W per channel-ish) on QED silver anniversary xt cable.

Q1) I've seen Monitor Audio Bronze, Mordaunt Short, Tannoy 162, Canton 500 LCR's around the sort of price range I can afford? Are there any others I should consider?

Q2) Does anyone have any comments or experience on any of the above that may help me?

Q3) What should I do regarding the L & R surrounds? The sweet spot is about 2-3 ft off the rear wall and parallel to it. The rears can be wall mounted, in-ceilings are out of the question (lack of depth). I had been thinking along the lines of 2 dipoles mounted on the rear wall either side & 2ft above ear height, but if you can suggest something that is timbre matched that will perform correctly I'd appreciate.

Q4) Do they need a sealed enclosure building around them or are they fine between studs with rock wool to all sides?

Does anyone know where any suggested could be demo'd in the North Wales or North West region??

Any replies gratefully received. :hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom