Quantcast

Question Help with identifying MK Sound S150T speakers

PascalP

So a guy on my local HT forum is selling a pair of S150T speakers, bought new in Oktober 2018.
But how can I identify if these are the latest version with 1.1" Tweeter?

I know the older S150's had a round cloth on the side and the newer a rectangle cloth.
Is this the only obvious identifier or are there more revisions or differences to look for?

Also If I look on the MK website the S150T's listed there seem to have a trapezium shaped enclosure, while the pictures posted with the sales add look like a rectangular enclosure (with rectangular cloth)

DLxP

I know the older S150's had a round cloth on the side and the newer a rectangle cloth.
Is this the only obvious identifier or are there more revisions or differences to look for?
Do you need another obvious identifier? Surely that one obvious identifier is enough to identify the difference.

PascalP

Do you need another obvious identifier? Surely that one obvious identifier is enough to identify the difference.
Well what I'm wondering if there are 2 revisions of the S150 with the rectangular cloth?

See a pic from the MK website and a pic from the seller, the latter looks like a rectangle enclosure vs a trapezium enclosure to me?
s_S150T_B.jpg

LXAYaVk.jpg

DLxP

Well what I'm wondering if there are 2 revisions of the S150 with the rectangular cloth?

See a pic from the MK website and a pic from the seller, the latter looks like a rectangle enclosure vs a trapezium enclosure to me?
View attachment 1193362

View attachment 1193361
Ah I see. They're definitely the same versions, just different angled photos. Only the latest version has the rectangular cloth on the sides.

PascalP

cheers mate, looked awkward to me and was hoping it could be an awkward angled photo :)

Already send the seller a message yesterday, waiting on his reply now to schedule a visit with him to check them (and buy them ;) )

PascalP

Got some additional pics from the seller, they sure are trapezium shaped :)

Will pick them up next week to replace a set of SUR55T’s :smashin:

Attachments