Help with I tunes...

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by can128, Dec 18, 2006.

1. can128

can128

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, I am hoping you can help me and shed some light on using i tunes.... I have an Iriver mp3 player and have created a data base of around 120 albums on my pc hard drive... all the albums have there own named folder containing the mp3 tracks.....when i want to transfer tracks to and from my player, I just drag and drop the albums as folders , it acts as a simple mass storage device.... now this i find easy...

now... my girlfriend has got a new ipod shuffle, i have installed i tunes , but am finding it a bit "un user friendly"... when i import stuff from my mp3 folder to the i tunes library it moves them as tracks and not whole albums( is this normal?) and therefore all i get is a huge list of tracks called track1 ,track 2 etc......having to highlight each track at a time....

can anybody please tell me where im going wrong... i really want to move a whole album at a time as a folder and then keep the folder name in the library list to identify the artist/album.....sorry for going on, but i was really looking forward to messing around with itunes, but have been put off a bit... :confused:

many thanks, Craig.....

2. ukbootlegs

ukbootlegs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +367
    i am with you

i have a iriver h140 and a 60gb ipod

i bought some software for both from redchairsoftware.com

anapod explorer for the ipod allows you to drag and drop like you did with you iriver

its the mutts m8

3. can128

can128

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    excellent, thanks.... I will have a look at that software, did you prefer to drag and drop or just couldnt get on with i tunes like me????

4. ukbootlegs

ukbootlegs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +367
    drag and drop all the way

i just couldnt work out all that itunes stuff

talk about make things more difficult than they need to be

the anapod stuff allows you to copy the tunes back from the pod to the pc too (unliked itunes)

5. andrewtayloruk

andrewtayloruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I think iTunes is well worth the adjustment. I basically re-ripped all of my stuff, and tagged them through iTunes. I've now got some pretty powerful searching which is extremely easy to use. I let it manage my folder setttings and it does an alright job on the filesystem, by Artist the by Album with sub-folders. I can sync my ipod by just plugging it in, no drag nor drop required, just plug-in and wait.

I'm well chuffed and I'd class myself as a tinkerer, with iTunes it just works and I'm happy with it.

I'm sure it's a bit of a culture shock to someone who is used to managing large libraries without any assistance.

Andrew

6. can128

can128

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    god... i dont know if i could bare re ripping all my cd's andrew..... i haven't got alot by some standards , but it seemed to take ages the first time...... I think i will probably have another play with i tunes, and see how i get on, as you say the convenience once its all tagged etc is great.....but i must say i am tempted by anapod.....

thanks for your thoughts.....