Help with hotbird and astra footie - a little help please

chrisnclaire

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, im looking to get a 90CM dish (dont know what reciver yet simple and cheap lol) with duel lnb and a diseqc switch to recive hotbird and astra (really want the footie channels) could someone give me advice on what is best way to get NOVA1 sports channel think its greek? and other sports channels and what kind of card i would need to do this. Thanks for any help :smashin:

:lease:

Hi and welcome to AVF.
The subscription for Nova is around £100 a month: Greek Nova Cards.
Nova TV.
Hotbird 9
You should be able to receive the channels on a 60cm fixed dish.
Which of the Astra satellites are you interested in and which channels?
Europe

Last edited:
Hi, i just posted a thread about hotbird and astra setup but after reading some threads i need alot more help lol.

whats better fixed or motorised with Darkmotor Superior motor i have sky so will not need it for ?eurosat?
can i do it myself
i have read that Technomate TM5200 is the reciver to go for but has no card slot (incase i decided to get a subscription to some channels) so whats best pvr or fta
Im after the nova sports channels which i think is on hotbird but i assume there are a few more sports channels
whats the best dish i have been looking at a 80cm and adding two lnbs with a diseqc switch
i know i will need a sat signal finder whats the best
Im also not looking to spend a fortune
Sorry for the long list but i only intend on doing it once lol
Any help greatly appreciated

:lease:

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome sorry another newbie question but where is best place to buy the cards, i have read something about card sharing but sounds abit iffy to me is it legal????

OK - the first link was to one of many suppliers of cards - Google will find you more - card sharing is illegal and can't be discussed on AVF.
HTH - Logi

Thats great and thanks for your help, after reading alot more threads i realised i need a lot more help lol. my new post is called a little help please, and help would be greatly appreciated

Only one thread is needed, so I'm merging the two.
A fixed 60cm dish with a monobloc LNB for 13E and 19E will cover your needs.
The Techno 5402 is a cheap and cheerful machine but I'd go for my 6800 with card and CAM slots, or something similar.
It's the viewing cards that will cost a fortune - Sky is much cheaper, and it's easier.
There ARE many more channels that carry sport, and the links I've given will find them for you.

Thanks for your replies. Are there any free channels worth a look at on any other sats the price of nova is:eek:. Cheers in advance Ps, whats shows most prem leauge games not really into other sports really

There are many free channels in many languages - other than English! -as my links to Lyngsat show.
My link for Nova takes you to details of various other subscription packages that include UK football.

Thanks for your replies. Are there any free channels worth a look at on any other sats the price of nova is:eek:. Cheers in advance Ps, whats shows most prem leauge games not really into other sports really

If you dont want to spend alot of money & want the EPL in with English com's then Tring is your best bet, The card is about £220 for the year & has all the U.K. coverage & then some, you will need a 90cm dish at the moment as the received power levels from 16 East are a bit poo to say the least. You can get the Technomate 3500D+ that has a built in card reader for about £60 delivered. Nova is alot of money but is still alot cheaper for a public house, $ky's commercial sub is at least £5000 a year!

On a point I mentioned in another thread - what football do the European channels give that Sky doesn't?

Last edited:
Thanks men - exactly what I said in the other thread, but nice to know I was correct. :thumbsup:

He didn't - he beat:) you - but all three agree so it's even.

Last edited:
have tring defo got the epl rights for next season? Getting a 12 month sub rite now might not be a smart move as you will end missing the end of next season unless you renew again :)

is tring a channel or satelite? sorry im clueless, what ever it is where will i point my new dish...and £220 a year sounds good, i could even convice er indoors that i REALLY need this come august....

is tring a channel or satelite? sorry im clueless, what ever it is where will i point my new dish...and £220 a year sounds good, i could even convice er indoors that i REALLY need this come august....

Tring is an Albanian package on W2M @ 15.8E http://en.kingofsat.net/pack-tring.php. That cheap price comes at a cost though, picture quality is shocking!

Also as 1080JB mentions above, probably worth waiting till the start of the season/checking to see if Tring have the rights next season, as i seem to recall them only having them for this season.

Last edited:
Tring is an Albanian package on w2m @ 15.8E. That cheap price comes at a cost though, picture quality is shocking!

Also as 1080JB mentions above, probably worth waiting till the start of the season/checking to see if Tring have the rights next season, as i seem to recall them only having them for this season...

I'm sure I read it was a two year deal, that's what made it stick in my head, the fact it was a contract for 2 year's not 1 or the more usual 3 year deal that broadcasters normally sign for. Digialb was better, the reason they lost it I still cant get my head around, do they still show films quicker than $ly movies on DigiAlb?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom