1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Homecall

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by INchSHOrT, Dec 14, 2004.

1. INchSHOrT

INchSHOrT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With my initial concerns at 'Homecall' not answering my technical support calls, and dropping them after 30mins, I was a bit reluctant with their service being any good.
    Anyway I tried a bandwidth test at www.bandwidthplace.com and noticed itwas very slow 60.5 kb/s.
    I phoned customer services, and asked to get through to broadband support and said their service was 'rank'. And wanted to cancel the broadband, and all telephone services with them.
    Their answer was I have to have it in writing but the broadband was on a 12 month contract. I explained I have only had it 4 days. She said the 14 day initial trial was from when I ordered the BB. Well that was over two weeks ago.
    Now what do I do. Send it back or not?
    Any help with this issue will be very helpful.

AVOID HOMECALL LIKE THE PLAGUE.

2. INchSHOrT

INchSHOrT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    comeon, someone must agve cancelled their service, within the 7 day period?

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    No idea, never heard of them .. since they obviously have no intention of entertaining your cancellation then the only advice I have is to see if you've a claim of 'not fit for the purpose'. If they advertise their service as providing a certain level of performance and you find it doesn't meet it then they'd be arguably liable, but as usual 'law' and 'common sense' may not coincide.

4. INchSHOrT

INchSHOrT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have sent it back, stating the distance sale of goods act of 1980. Lets C what happens........

5. Nick Cartwright

Nick Cartwright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would say that if they mention a 14 day trial in any literature then you are within your rights to cancel within 14 days of receiving the service, not 14 days of ordering.

The BBC web site has a consumer section that deals with simillar questions, sorry I don't have an address though.

Anyway, see what they say now you've returned it.