Question Help with Home Theatre Sound setup

arovbukay

Standard Member
Hi Guys, I've picked up an Optoma HD141x and want to set up the spare room as a Home Cinema (budget)

I've pulled out an old Home Theatre system I had panasonic sa-pt450 that works fine, but the issue I have is that it only has one HDMI (out). It has scart, and component, but no optical. Picture attached.

What would be my best setup to connect up my PS3 / PC / Laptop to the projector with 5.1 sound? Without spending too much just now having forked out on the projector/screen etc.

Attachments

PSM1

Distinguished Member
I see no easy way to connect your equipment to that system. It also appears to have no way to get full surround sound into it from an external source.

arovbukay

Standard Member
Hmmm thought I'd hit a dead end. What if I connect my PS3 to the projector via HDMI, and push the sound from PS3 to home theatre via Audio cables (red and white) ?

arovbukay

Standard Member
connected it up as above and it seems like it's pushing out 5.1 but can't be sure. It's not stereo as the front and back speakers are not outputting the same audio. The HT might be trying to push 5.1?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Your ht is taking the stereo sound and making a pseudo surround. So it will put sound out of all speakers but will not be anything like proper surround sound.

arovbukay

Standard Member
Ok thanks, think I'm going to have to fork out on a new HT / receiver unless anyone has any other suggestions.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Have a look in richer sounds for one of their avr based systems. £250 gets you a budget system which will be so much better than an all in one system.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom