Roberto10

Novice Member
I am converting my garage into a cinema room(garage size 4.5 x 3.6 meters), I have an Optoma HD141X projector, Sony STRDG820 AV receiver, 2 Tannoy Mercury f1 custom, 2 Sony SS-SR120, 1 SS-CN120. Are these speakers good enough or should I upgrade? I also need a subwoofer if anyone could recommend one, as I've been searching for a while and can't seem to find one I like. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 86

Longy00000

Only you can answer whether they are good enough.
Personally I think they are suitable for the avr you have but if your going to be putting together a purpose built HT then you may well find that a whole up grade may provide you with the result your after. You say you can't find a sub you like but don't say which subs you dislike or why you dislike them which makes it difficult for anyone to make a recommendation.

Roberto10

Novice Member
Only you can answer whether they are good enough.
Personally I think they are suitable for the avr you have but if your going to be putting together a purpose built HT then you may well find that a whole up grade may provide you with the result your after. You say you can't find a sub you like but don't say which subs you dislike or why you dislike them which makes it difficult for anyone to make a recommendation.

Thanks for your reply as you can tell I'm new to this and trying to learn before I start my conversion.

Regarding the subwoofer, I'm been looking at Bic subs but I don't think I can get them in uk. Can you reccomend any websites as I've only been looking on Amazon amd richer sounds and all subs on there are terrible.

Longy00000

Have a look at BK electronics I believe ALL they do are subs based in UK and are highly recommended by various people on this site. I don't have one personally so have no experience but search these forums and you will get more info.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom