Help with HDMI switching/splitting

mrapbp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

This is starting to feel a little complex to me now but..... I have a Lyngdorf MP-40 that is a superb processor but is somewhat limited in terms of inputs and outputs (which IMO is crazy given what it cost!). I am currently using one of these to give me extra inputs:

It has been working well with no real issues. It is all being controlled using a Control4 remote system (which is complex, expensive and does stop working a fair bit but otherwise excellent!). I am now looking at adding a projector so will need an extra output.

So, should I add some kind of HDMI splitter for the output only or replace the Bluestream with something that will cover the extra inputs and also the 2 outputs? The latter feels cleaner but will probably be expensive I would think!

Any thoughts/advice appreciated!

Thanks!

C4 - shouldn’t really be stopping working.

Source devices - What do you have?

TV & Projector - What do you have/do they support a common feature set?

HDMI - ideally a single box with multiple Inputs and Multiple Output's, either mirrored Outputs (if both display devices have a common feature set), or some way to adjust for the differing Display devices.

HDFury - the Vertex2, Diva and Vertex3 (VRRoom) have Four Inputs plus two HDMI Video out plus a dedicated HDMI Audio Out and differing signal and processing capabilities.

Joe

C4 - shouldn’t really be stopping working.

Source devices - What do you have?

TV & Projector - What do you have/do they support a common feature set?

HDMI - ideally a single box with multiple Inputs and Multiple Output's, either mirrored Outputs (if both display devices have a common feature set), or some way to adjust for the differing Display devices.

HDFury - the Vertex2, Diva and Vertex3 (VRRoom) have Four Inputs plus two HDMI Video out plus a dedicated HDMI Audio Out and differing signal and processing capabilities.

Joe
Thanks for the response!

C4 is superb but can be a little tempreemental at times.

Sources:

Bluray player
Zappiti media player
Apple TV
PS5

TV - Samsung Q90r 75 inch
Projector - just bought a Epson TW9400

The Vertex 3 looks like it should do the job. I am assuming I could plug that into one of the HDMI inputs of the Lyngdorf and let the Vertex do all the switching duites? That would make life simpler I guess. I couldnt tell from the write up but do you know how you control it/switch between the various inputs/outputs, dont see a remote or any buttons?

Do you happen to know if it could be controlled by the Control4 system?

Thanks!

The Vertex3 would be ideal and gives you some future proofing too as it caters for the latest and greatest video features and yes it can switch your Sources to a single HDMI Input on the Amp and you may finds its CEC management is an add with the Control system.

There is IP, RS232 and IR Control so your integrator should be able to make it work with C4 easily enough. I am not aware of a C4 model at this stage, let me check with HDFury and report back.

Joe

If you are contemplating the Vertex³ (VRRoom) we also have the New '8K' 20m Hybrid Fibre from HDFury which is what they recommend to partner the Vertex³ and so far we have had no issues with that combination.

Joe

The Vertex3 would be ideal and gives you some future proofing too as it caters for the latest and greatest video features and yes it can switch your Sources to a single HDMI Input on the Amp and you may finds its CEC management is an add with the Control system.

There is IP, RS232 and IR Control so your integrator should be able to make it work with C4 easily enough. I am not aware of a C4 model at this stage, let me check with HDFury and report back.

Joe
If you can let me know on the C4 thing I will get both those things ordered. Thanks !

Joe

Just having a closer look at the Vertex 3 and not sure it is a bit of overkill for what I need. There are a couple of more cost effetive solutions that would potentially do the job. Also it only has 4 inputs, one of them will be connected to the Lyngdorf so that will only leave me with 3 (and I need 4). These are not one box solutions but as all I really need is to split or switch a signal these might be better suited?

This is a bit more but has all the inputs outpus in a single box:

C4 - currently there is a driver for the Vertex² which will work with the Vertex³ to enable basic switching etc.

HDFury Vertex/Integral² (4K HDR 600MHz) 2x2 unit with/without an OLED display. Is the 'oldest' of the HDFury options and utilises an App to configure and control the switch and could be used to split the Output of the MP-40 though you would have to connect an analogue stereo or Optical cable from the Vertex/Integral2 to an audio Input on the MP-40 if you wish to pass ARC audio from the TV to the Amplifier.
(We can supply the Vertex/integral2 but find demand has dropped away for that platform).

HDFury Vertex² (4K HDR 600MHz) - is the newer 4x2+1 platform and includes a web GUI for configuration. I would put that ahead of the MP-40 and send Video to the TV, Video to the Projector and HDMI Audio (Inc eARC) to an HDMI Input on the MP-40.

HDFury Vertex³ (8K HDR 1200MHz) - is the latest 4x2+1+1 platform and includes a web GUI for configuration. I would put that ahead of the MP-40 and send Video to the TV, Video to the Projector and HDMI Audio (Inc eARC) to an HDMI Input on the MP-40.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom