Help with HDD recording on my Philips 720/05

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by AG Systems, Oct 5, 2004.

1. AG Systems

AG Systems

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all!

This will go down as the newbie quote of the year, but I'm having some "issues" getting anything I record to the HDD to play back! Upon selecting a recorded title it merely flicks to another screen momentarily, looking like it could be about to start playing, then just returns to the HDD browser. All I'm doing is selecting the title then pressing "OK" on the remote!

I'm sure I'm missing something very obvious here but any help from anyone with experience of this player would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

2. joolze

joolze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It should be really easy and start to play back as soon as Ok is pressed.

In the HDD browser (were you choose the title to playback) is there a thumbnail picture on the right hand side of the screen, and if so, does it contain an image from the program, or is it totally black?

If it is black then a recording has been made of 'nothing', ie no input. Are you recording terrestrial, Sky, Freeview....? How did you choose the recording (Guideplus, Videoplus, manual)?

If you want to PM me, I will try to help you directly.

Joolze