Help with HD box without HD subscription

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Sandman, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,652
    I am due to get sky+ fitted next thursday to replace my freesat HD installation. I dont want to loose out on BBC HD (especially with Wimbledon starting) so bought a Pace HD box from ebay. The advert stated it will have the new epg loaded onto it.
    I already have a qual LNB so will be fitting the HD box as soon as it arrives. If I leave this box set up for the engineer coming next week do you think he would pair this up to my sky card that he is bringing and leave the new sky+ box in its packaging so I can sell it as being brand new?
    Also will the sky+ functionality work on the HD box the same as it would using the standard + box?
    I am not subscribing to the HD package but gather I will still be able to recieve bbc HD and channel 4 HD. Will I also be able to get ITV HD?

Thanks

2. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,335
    Officially NO, the installer is contracted to install the box he is supplying and to check that it and your installation is working correctly. You can easily swap the boxes after he has gone and phone Sky to pair your viewing card with the HD box. What happens if you sell the box and it turns out to be faulty, you would have great difficulty with Sky proving they supplied it as the box has never been paired to your account.

3. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,652
    Good point, I will hide the HD box when he is due to arrive and just phone sky once he has gone to pair the card with the HD box.

4. anfukf

anfukf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    You may have a little dificulty getting customer services to pair to an hd box without a subscription,I did but that was a few months ago so it may have changed.
    I ended up with technical service and they had to add a subscription,pair the card then remove the subscription,which it appeared customer services were not allowed to do.