Help with HC cabling please

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by wb1, Jan 9, 2004.

1. wb1

wb1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hi all, I'm looking for some help in planning my home cinema system and I'm struggling a bit.

The diagram below shows all the kit I have/plan to have but I'm really not sure of the best way to hook it all up. It looks like in theory I can stick with RGB for most of the connections but I'm confused about when conversion from RGB to component is necessary - if at all.

Apologies for any obvious questions but the more research I do the more confusing it's all become. Any help you can offer is much appreciated.

My questions are:

1. Sky box to Receiver: can the Receiver accept RGB (and does that then need sync via composite) - ie use a SCART to RGBc cable? or Should I convert RGB to Component? or convert RGB to S-Video?

The Yamaha 2400 brochure says it will take YPbPr or YCbCr.

2. DVD Recorder to Receiver: same again - can the Receiver accept RGB (and does that then need sync via composite) - ie just use a SCART to RGBc cable?

3. Receiver to Plasma and Projector: The projector will take RGB or YPbPr via an HD15 connector. Will the component output from the amp go straight into the projector using a 3RCA to HD15 cable? What can I use to get the same signal to the Plasma too - I guess I need some form of splitter?

Thanks in advance,
    William
    ps Mods, feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place.

Attached Files:

2. itcosthowmuch

itcosthowmuch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Can't answer all those q's but with regards sky to Amp: Is it Sky+? if so use s-video to amp as the 3803 up converts to YUV (if it's sky with no s-video then you may have to use a converter like a JS box) and connect audio via optical link. 3803 accepts YUV or s-video, no scarts.

I think you'd be better off asking in Plasma forum personally.

Hope this helps

3. wb1

wb1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    boing - any other help please?

4. wb1

wb1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    still looking for help if anyone can assist.
    Thanks.
    William