1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Harmony H655

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by midiman, Jan 20, 2005.

1. midiman

midiman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I decided to purchase one of these yesterday and am having problems with it.

I didnt set it up properly and as such need to start from scratch :blush: . Problem is the website dosent appear to have an option to erase and start again :confused: . It could be I missed something as it was late and I was very tired.

I have 3 TV's in the house. Can I set it up to work with all 3 ?
    I have an LG DAT-200 DVD/Freeview/5.1 surround system in the bedroom. What would that come under? Is it even supported ?

2. richgtfc

richgtfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did the same when I used the test drive before the remote arrived. I found the easiest way was to create a new user name and start again, make sure you get the model names right for your equipment. It should control all 3 TVs no problem.

Cheers
    Rich

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    if there is no listing for something there is an option to learn RAW IR and also one to identify the remote handset by pressing 3 buttons on original into IR input on harmony it then looks up the codes....It hought there was an option to start from scratch, just do the whole wizard again.....ie start at devices then move onto to Activity section

4. Barzo

Barzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +275
    My understanding of how it works too. Incidently, excellent remote for the price!

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    yep they are fantastic arent they i just love em....

6. midiman

midiman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help guys :thumbsup:

Had another look and did find something about refreshing the firmware resetting the remote to defaults so maybe that might help.

Certainly has a lot of potential :). Will let you know what I think when I get it doing what I want it to do

7. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    reloading the firmware to the remote will indeed clear the remote of its config, however it will not clear the website of its config. if you wish to start again, i would recommend (short of a better answer) that you remove all your devices and activities on the website - then you will have a clean sheet to build a new config. or choose a new username and password as has been previously suggested.

8. midiman

midiman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Ok thanks. will give it another go over the weekend..... So many new toys to play with .... LG PX11 42" Plasma :) Panasonic E85 :D LG dat-200 (for the bedroom) :D & something to hold it all together..... Harmony h655 :D . So much to learn, so little time SIGH..... :rolleyes: .