Question Help with Harmony 650

jimbo3147

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping that someone on the forum can help me.

The remote for my Humax HDR is playing up and I have purchased a Harmony 650 to 'simplify' things for my wife.

My devices are Sony 65XE9005, Samsung BD-H6500 blu-ray, Portta 4x1 switcher, and Humax HDR-Fox T2 DVR.

I have set up activities for watching TV, movies (using my blu-ray), and Humax. The connections are HDMI from TV to Portta switch with HDMI connections from the switch to the blu-ray and Humax boxes. TV and blu-ray work as intended but the Humax activity does not switch on the DVR and 'help' does not fix the problem.

Any help appreciated. Also can you confirm that I will be able to do all I need with the Humax box using this remote i.e. record tv, play back recordingds etc.

It'll control the Humax like any other machine.
As its not doing so yet it's presumably not set up right.

Still don't know what I am doing wrong then. I also switched to Devices, went to the Humax box, and tried toggling the power. All that happens is that the power toggles on my HDMI switch. Very strange. Anyone got any bright ideas? I have emailed logitech.

Have you actually checked it's set up right,?

If - and only if - it's set up right then the power command will work.

I don't doubt you but what I need is help to get it set up right.

As a short term fix I have reduced my remotes to two. I took the Humax box out of the activity which just leaves the TV and Portta Switch in that. I then switch the Humax box on using its own remote. When I then activate the activity I can then use the system. I will wait on Logitech to tell me why their remote will not switch the Humax box on.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the model number of the Humax?

Have you tried the alternative IR versions?
Is Power the only command that doiesnt work, or are there others?

Don'tunderstand what i would need to do re alternative IR versions. As I have never managed to power up with the remote I don't know if it is the only command affected.
I tried getting the remote to 'learn' the power command from the old remote and it seemed to learn it ok but that made no difference. I'm just at a loss now and will just wait for their response. Thanks so much for trying.

You need to go to the setup procedure for the device where alternative versions are offered.
You're welcome.

Just in case someone looks at this in the future I eventually got a solution from someone on the Hummy forum.
Turns out that the Portta switch IR code is very close to that for the Humax box which was causing the issue. The solution was to change the IOR code of the Humax to 2 and make that change of IR code for that device on the Harmony 650. All is now working well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom