Help with Hard Choice

Studio11

Novice Member
Hello, recently my Samsung TV gave up on itself and now I'm stuck deciding as there is so many different options. For context it was a 49 inch curved smart tv ( wanted to try something different ). I have read the big guide by Dodgexander and it helped but now I'm stuck between 3. This TV will be used 90% just to watch normal tv so 4k is already overkill , a few movies and a lot of sport . The first choice is what i would choose and the other 2 were recommended to me by a "expert" family friend.

---
---

Dodgexander

The LG and Sony XH81 are using 60hz IPS panels whilst the Sony XH85 is using a 120hz VA panel.

So the Sony is the better TV, which is why its priced similarly at a smaller size.

You should first determine which panel type is best for you between IPS and VA, and take your choice from there. For instance, if you decide VA panel is best, then you should look at different 55" models from the two you've picked out. Then later decide if you want a higher range, but smaller TV in the XH85, or if you want a larger, but lower range TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom