1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with FS76

Discussion in 'TVs' started by astonbilla, Feb 28, 2003.

1. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    guys help - my FS76 has a few dodgy problems and i wanted to know if anyone had something similar.

On the grey on-screen menus or any bright coloured background i can see rows of horizontal lines. These appear in waves really, one minute there, the next minute not. They also seem to move up and down - they pulse really.

Has anyone seen this? i saw the very same lines on my FQ80 BUT they used to fade after 15 - 20 minutes or so. On this set they stay put.

The second problem i have is really annoying.

Anything white has a black line around it (more to the left). While watching the match tonight, the auxerre players had thick black lines around them??!?
    Movie mode helped a wee bit, but not so much as to make me happy. Also if i have black boxes on white backgrounds or vice versa they always have a red line down the left hand side - about 1mm thick.

Add to all this Unbeatable told me last week they wouldn't replace the set again as it was costing too much to replace all the sets i've had (4 counting the FS76).

AND i'm sending back a 28@ JVC due to the old dark RGB thing.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Bill

2. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can only see Horizontal lines when ive got 100Hz mode on, but i have to be close to the TV to see this(about 1.5Ft).

The rest of your problems sound like something is very wrong.

Are you experiencing these faults when watching DVD as well?

If so, tell Unbeatable to get their asses round to your house with a new TV and dont let the delivery guy leave until youve thoroughly checked it out.

3. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    the black lines around white happens on sky mainly (RGB) and consoles bizarrely! in fact on the XBOX when a black Microsoft on a white background appears it has WHITE lines inside the black text!! it never really happens on DVD.

I waited in good faith since late November for a replacement, then last week when i told unbeatable i didn't want the JVC they dropped the bombshell about not replacing the FS76!

I'm not too pleased at all

4. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the horizontal lines problem, try altering the "Vertical Size" value in your service menu's deflection settings, ive noticed when set too large, and particularly when DRC100hz is on, this can be over the top and make the set appear to have the same resolution as a Rear proj. set.

Hope that helps.

5. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    thanks for the tip - but is that not a cure for reducing scanlines?

6. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I haven't got any of the problems you describe... Movie mode defeats SVM which tends to reduce the black border on light objects...

Doesn't sound right...

7. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had two faulty FS76's before my present day set which is admittedly only one week old.

I can safely say, from what you have described your set has serious problems.

I don't see how any company can refuse to replace a faulty set, if they have got your money and you have got a faulty product...AND they are being ackward. Demand a full refund on the grounds of 4 dodgy tvs so far and go elsewhere. From my experience it pays to buy from a high street shop you can walk into and speak to the manager face to face if needed.

GOOD luck

Tom