Help with Freeview/TV link Needed!

wilsonc8

Standard Member
Hi I'm looking for some help!

I'm about to leave Sky but have a TV amplifier/adapter in my loft and a Pioneer plasma with built in freeview.

Is there any way of getting the freeview from the Pioneer up through the loft box and out to the other TV's in the house which are all on ariel sockets as currently the Sky box powers the loft box but i'm not sure my Pioneer plasma can do that - please help!!!! PS i'm not very good with AV as u can tell already!!!!

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
There is a way but it's going to be a bit messy. Why are you getting rid of your Sky box, it will continue to work with the free channels anyway when your subscription lapses ? If you need to get rid of the sky box because it's broken easiest way is to buy a cheap frreview box with a built in modulator and replace the skybox with that. You will need a seperate power supply for the loft box though.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Presumably you have an aerial on the roof (or in loft) than goes into the Sky aerial in.... then RF1out goes to you Plasma in the lounge. This receives Freeview (and any analogue tv channels in your area).

The Sky box RF2 out feeds back up into the loft to a distribution amplifier, remotely powered from the Sky RF2, and from that amplifier goes to every other TV in the house.

If this is correct. Then:

Just leave the Sky box in circuit just as it is. Any of the othe TVs could be equipped with a freeview set top decoder if you want to get the Freeview channels. The Sky box will continue to provide all the 'Freesat from Sky' channels when they cut off your subscription channels.

When the Sky box fails you'll need to do something different, of course.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom