Help with Freesat? Please!!!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by grandtoe, Feb 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. grandtoe

grandtoe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, bit new to this site, but hoping someone can help me out.
    I live in shetland (Very remote islands, north of scotland) and in my area we can't get freeview. I don't watch a huge amount of TV so don't want to pay for SKY, however i watch enough to have a TV.
    Anyway i'm rambling, the problem is i've gone through 3 sky boxes and 2 freeview cards recently as the channels eventually entirely dissapear!
    I have a standard sky dish, quad lnb, at present only two outputs, 1 to a sky box with freeview card in my sitting room and the other, the same, to my bedroom.
    The bedroom one went first a few weeks ago but now the sitting room one is going as well.
    I lost most channels, except 1,2,3 & 4 earlier this week, went to work when i came back i was down to 1.2.3 now i've only got 1,2!
    Please does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening and secondly how i can resolve it?!:lease:

2. TonyJ39

TonyJ39
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,
    I cannot say why you should slowly lose channels, but if it was me I would have a larger dish and a freesat box,are you paying to use the sky box? , take a look at the thread abought "Satellite tv freesat"
    Hope this helps.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,311
    So this would be Freesat then? Moving >>>>